Here we go people be the first to get a peek!!

Started by Twang, March 03, 2009, 07:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomskerous

Quote from: "Bert"Oh and Radiohead - prog as you like, I reckon  :D

The track in 15/8 on the last album was a bit of a giveaway...
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Brom

Quote from: "Pedro":D
Nice to see JohnInBlack's confession mentioned on the cover too! ;)

What???, "Free CD"??  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

johninblack

Quote from: "Brom"
Quote from: "Pedro":D
Nice to see JohnInBlack's confession mentioned on the cover too! ;)

What???, "Free CD"??  :D
Never said a word gov'.......Honest.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

So that's not you confessing a love for prog then?  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

Quote from: "Pedro"So that's not you confessing a love for prog then?  ;)

Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?  :)

johninblack

Quote from: "Pedro"So that's not you confessing a love for prog then?  ;)

Me like prog? No way, I'm a Punk me, can't go round liking all this widdly rubbish!

Quote from: "Mouse"Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?  :)

No. I plan to lie through my teeth. :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Bert

Quote from: "tomskerous"
Quote from: "Bert"Oh and Radiohead - prog as you like, I reckon  :D

The track in 15/8 on the last album was a bit of a giveaway...

:) Yep, although I suspect the game was up some time before then.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

catherine

Quote from: "JamesA"Forthcoming Classic Rock Prog Special On Tonight's Richard & Judy

OK, so it's not what we'd normally call essential viewing, but tonight is an exception as our new off-shoot Classic Rock Presents Prog invades Richard & Judy this evening.
If you tune in to tonight's edition of Richard & Judy on the Watch channel (Sky channel 109 or Virgin channel 124) at 6pm you can see Classic Rock Presents Prog editor Jerry Ewing discussing prog rock with Rick Wakeman. The magazine, the first issue of which hits the streets on March 25, covers the entire spectrum of the prog genre, from the Gods of Prog like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes and Jethro Tull, through the likes of Asia and Marillion to today's progressive pioneers like Dream Theater, Coheed And Cambria and Porcupine Tree, as well as breaking brand new prog talent.

We're hoping they leave the bit in where Richard And Judy co-presenter Rowland Rivron says "the Editor of Classic Rock Presents Prog. That's a bit of a mouthful isn't it?" to which Ewing replies smugly "We like to think so."

Did anyone manage to record that? I don't have that channel at home.

Twang

Just to confirm a point made earlier. There will be a feature concentrating  on new bands ! :D

Twang

I have in my hands the first issue. I can confirm that it's not retreading old & ancient ground! It's packed full of fresh & vibrant bands of today. Pure Reason Revolution, Magenta, The Reasoning are just  a few. A brilliant feature on Pendragon's current achievements, superb feature as Phil Jupitus discusses the art of Genesis albums Coheed & Cambria, Rush, Demians, Steve Wilson all on top form. It's a damn fine read & plugs House of Progression wonderfully with Panic Room, The Pinapple Thief/Narration shows reviewed. Thanks for reviewing the music and the atmosphere rather than paragraphs of  complete rubbish that has appeared in the Smash Hits of supposed Rock. (Kerrang ahem)

Oh and best of all is a side panel with Frost* & IQ!

The Floyd feature is a pure pleasure if a little sad as it really is the end! 'Is anybody out there'. Yes, unfortunately due to mortality it really is The  Final Cut.

Out 25th March. (CD features Panic Room, The Reasoning, The Treat, Godsticks, Of the I, Blood Ceremony, Diagonal, Mystery & Whimwise. (just don't venture near any train tracks when listening to the Whimwise tune)  ;)

Philadelphia

"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

johninblack

March 25th = Payday = In city doing holiday shopping = will be going to WH Smith to look for one of those!! :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Bought and liked!!  :D

Not too much editorial content for Frost* this time around but the next issue is out on May 20th so there is plenty of scope for articles, photos, gig reviews, cover-disk track(s), and so on.

I really think they have done an excellent job striking the balance between "old" and "new" so hopefully the next issues will be even better.

I guess it could be called a little steep at £7.99 with just a cover CD (I suppose they are not expecting to sell that many - sadly) but I would still declare it worth the money IMHO.

Anyway, I commend it to the house. :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

£7.99  :shock:

Still, s'pose I'd better get one - I'll be passing W. H. Smiths tomorrow so it seems rude not to.

Brom

Got it too.

A penny short of 8 quid!!!   :o

I'm hoping and guessing that that's the only downer. Plus there's a free CD!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333