Wakeman says "Yes" to Frost - TWICE

Started by Jem, June 29, 2009, 10:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Sorry for the dreadful Subject title, but I couldn't resist it.

Just to say Wakeman played the title track from EIMA on his Planet Rock show last week and apparently was glowing about it afterward so that's jolly good and muchos thankos to him for that. :D

Pedro

Yay! Does that make him a Frost*eRick? :lol:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

namister

Should do its a bloody good track lol :)  Glad frost getting bit more exporsure seen in couple of mags over recent months :)

Mouse

Marvelous! Prog Royalty, he is!  :D

catherine

RWA

Trapezium Artist

My man Rick; shook him by the hand once, I did. Nothing memorable for him, but 'twas quite something for me.

Even though he has turned out some execrable rubbish in more recent years (err, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s), he remains rightly revered in my ears for the many wondrous (sic) things wot he done beforehand (Fragile, CTTE, TFTO with Yes, King Arthur & Henry's Many Missuses on his own, Space Oddity as a session man, and so on).

So I'm very pleased to hear that he liked EIMA. Great minds think alike 'n' all that jazz  :D

gr8gonzo

Silly me - I was looking for the 'like' button.  I've clearly been spending too much time on Facebook.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

...and now you can hear what he said!  :D

I've got my Sky+ box recording Rick's Place every Saturday in case something like this happens. It took some finding but there is a 2 minute mp3 of the link between Owner Of A Lonely Heart and EIMA available for download here.
(sorry it's a clunky rapidshare download again).

For those that can't be bothered, (paraphrased) he :-
- talks a little about how he didn't play on OOALH and would be rich if he had <studio buddy laughs rather a lot!>
- introduces Frost* with humourous "Frost*...not David-" and "...not David Jason" but "...Frost* the band".
- and says "I like this album because this particular track is so, almost prog rocky in the way that it lulls you into a false sense of security of how the track is going to be. I just love things like that....my friend Prokofiev was the past master of this....and - I just really like this track, it's called EIMA from the album of the same name"....<track starts>

So, all in all a very good mention!  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

going to put on Journey to the Center of the Earth and Criminal Record.  just because.

Mouse

Did I misread that, or did Rick Bloomin' Wakeman just compare Jem Godfrey's composition to Prokofiev?! Crikey!  :D

EVP

Brom

Ohhh nice!

Shame I missed it live. The kitchen radio is constantly on Planet Rock over the weekend, and I usually catch a lot of Rick's Place, especially if I'm doing "chores"

Oh, I remember now. The rest of the family were out and I was mostly blasting Darwin's Radio from the HiFi  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"My man Rick; shook him by the hand once, I did. Nothing memorable for him, but 'twas quite something for me.

Me too, TA, when he played in Cambridge with Jon Anderson a couple of years back. I even bumped into him outside the gig afterwards as I was on my way back to the car park and ended up giving him (and his Bentley) directions to the Cambridge Ring Road.

Gandalf1986

You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro