Main Menu

Third Ending

Started by Mooncat, January 04, 2012, 08:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

Has anyone heard any more of these guys ?? I got the first album and was listening to it again today, really good stuff. I know one of the band used to frequent here occasionally but the website has become something of a ghost town??
Really hope they have come up with some more music and can get it out to us  8-)  8-)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

Yay! T3E!
Check out @vocalnick on Twitter, he is the singer. 2nd album is still in the works I think but, in typical music versus day job fashion, it is taking a loooong time! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

Cheers Pedders, will go and add him on the ol' twitter  :D  :D  :D

Pedro

He just told me that a new EP is in the works and should be ready soon. Yay! :)

Mooncat

Saw that via the twitter-verse. Have started following Nick (in a non-stalky way) so should get updates as they are announced. Excited by the prospect of a new T3E EP!!!!!
Yay for 2012 8-)

And thanks for the help/resourcefulness Mr P  ;)

vocalnick

Hey guys - thanks for the continued interest in spite of our catatonic state ;)

2011 was a funny old year for us. Between us we've had a job loss, and new business venture to build, massive additional work responsibility, a baby girl, months overseas, and more.

And being completely honest, we all got a bit burned out on the process. Some of these songs have been 90% there for years now, but that final 10% has proven to be a bit of a motivational/operational Everest. I'll step up to the line and admit that I'm probably the #1 culprit on that front. Reasons and excuses are legion, but they don't get the job done!

In any case, I just slapped the vocal and keyboard takes up onto our shared space for critique, and the Gods of criticism (ie Knotty) willing, I am done. Then it's just off to the inestimable Mr. Curtis to incorporate them into the final mixes, and our parents' sibling is Robert (as they say in the lesser quality classics).

Despite some occasional lapses in enthusiasm in the past, I am absolutely loving these new pieces. Quite a bit less keyboardiness on this one, instead we've ramped up some of the vocal harmony malarkey to add some of that sonic shimmer... it's hard to explain.

I'm determined to finally get my own website up to scratch for details on this sort of thing (plus my various and sundry other crap), but in the meantime twitter is probably the best bet for "unofficial" news. Also probably worth heading to the website at www.thethirdending.com and signing up to the mailing list there. I'm not running that side of things, but it should ensure you get to find out when/where/how the EP is available.

Cheers!
words that look like sound effects: twit, blog

Mooncat

Nick, cheers for the update. As I said at the top of the thread, I've been listening to the first album again recently and am keen to see/hear the next step in T3E's development!!!

And totally understand the delays. My own band have been planning to record an album for over 12 months now, and although we released an EP in the summer, have only recently managed to get everyone back in the same room for long enough to get a couple more gigs under our belt !!!!

Keep us posted !! ;)  8-)

vocalnick

Hey guys,

Bang out of the gate with a fresh new tune, an interesting new approach to releasing music, and a hearfelt apology for taking so fecking long about the whole palaver.

http://thethirdending.com/2012/03/03/th ... -are-back/

Huzzah!

Pedro

Huzzah!! indeed. :)
Looking, sounding and apologising gooood!!  :D

Seriously, looking forward to this a lot.  :mrgreen:

Mooncat

Just downloaded it - liking it a lot and that's only on the first listen. Looking forward to the 'song-a-month'.
Great to have you back.

Oh, and the new website is great too. Any chance of a new wallpaper image ??? 8-)  ;)

Mikey

Still waiting for my e-mail, but everything seems a bit slow this morning. Me included
I used to have a signature

vocalnick

Hi Mikey,

We've had a couple of ecommerce teething troubles, and yours seems to be one of them! For some reason your order is dated the 30th of November 1999... that's certainly a unique one :)

I've pushed through your email, so you should be ok now. If it doesn't work, drop me a line and I'll sort it out.

mailto:nick@thethirdending.com">nick@thethirdending.com

Actually if you could shoot me a quick email if it does work, that would be great too.

Cheers!
Nick

Mikey

Quote from: "vocalnick"Hi Mikey,

We've had a couple of ecommerce teething troubles, and yours seems to be one of them! For some reason your order is dated the 30th of November 1999... that's certainly a unique one :)

I've pushed through your email, so you should be ok now. If it doesn't work, drop me a line and I'll sort it out.

mailto:nick@thethirdending.com">nick@thethirdending.com

Actually if you could shoot me a quick email if it does work, that would be great too.

Cheers!
Nick

It's that Trapezium Artist buggering about with space & time again

vocalnick

Heh :)

Did you get the email ok?

Mikey