EIMA - Whats your favourite track ?

Started by Dave M, November 17, 2008, 12:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weezul

Dear Dead Days... its the Black Light Machine of this album!! I would happily live on a desert island with these two tracks alone..

Tricky

You might think that there's been an accident in the Scrabble factory if I use words like "Tintinabulation", "Juxtapose", "Susuration" and "Cathartic"  :roll:
But that's how I feel about some of these tracks.
Some of us had commented (adversely) about the compressed sound of Milliontown  :cry:
There's none of that here.
No sir.
I've used the single word "Monster" to describe EIMA advisedly.  Like in a good horror film, this album growls and creeps up out of the darkness to rip your ears off before vanishing back into the shadows.  
This makes the relative peace of "Saline" and "Secret Song" all the more poignant (sorry - there I go again  :oops: )
Tomorrow I may feel differently...
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Drarok

I know what a sussurus is, without even having to look it up! :D
Thanks to Terry Pratchett... :shock:

James_S

Quote from: "Drarok"I know what a sussurus is, without even having to look it up! :D
Thanks to Terry Pratchett... :shock:

Wasn't it a hit by Phil Collins? :D
So many keyboards, so little time!

Philadelphia

I woke up ealer with only one thought in my head: "I need to listen to Welcome to Nowhere", so I guess at that moment it was my favourite track. Let's see which one it is later tonight, shall we?
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Pedro

Quote from: "Philadelphia"I woke up ealer with only one thought in my head: "I need to listen to Welcome to Nowhere", so I guess at that moment it was my favourite track. Let's see which one it is later tonight, shall we?
Who's ealer?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Philadelphia

ealer is the person who will, hopefully, supply me with a new keyboard for christmas, so that I can type words like earlier. (;-)
- Pedro

PhilHarmonic

This is getting sooooo difficult.   :shock:   Is there any way that all tracks can be played simultaineously and then let our little (or big - I have no issue with that) brains sort it out?

I keep going back to hit the repeat button on DDD but then I begin to miss WTN and then Saline crooks her little finger in a tantalising and beckoning way.....  But I sooo miss Toys when I can't hear it!!

What the hell is going on?

Jem - you swine sir - this is excellent!!  (with a capital 'F')  Fortunately, I have a long journey tomorrow (there and back) so I should get another six to seven listens in by the time I get home.

I know it's the same guys, but is this really the sequel to 'Milliontown'?  Both have qualities that are remote and, yet at the same time, linked.  Is the introduction of Dec such a difference?

Answers on a postcards please......
I play the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order

tomyg

Since the postman delivered EIMA yesterday I can confidentially say that I have mostly been listening to 'Falling Down' which is a just fabulous song. Great melody with a very strong hook. Driving arrangement with wonderful performances all round.
Course that could all change tomorrow but for now thats my nomination for the best track on the album.

MikeEvs

At the moment Welcome to Nowhere is the one stuck in my head

wickedwitch

they are all just lovely. I wasnt keen on DDD at first but it has seeped into my head.

Secret song is mine and will always be mine so i wont hear a word said against it !
Saline gets better the more you hear it.

album of the year, and possibly next year for me. I cant wait to hear the boys rock some of this stuff out live.

x

Brom

I'm just waking up to all this... and I'm going to enjoy a sort of lie-in and ease myself in bit by bit in a very lazy sort of way.

First up tho, I particularly likethe way the acoustic guitars are recorded a minute or so into EIMA, the percussive xxxxx* of the plectrum is wonderful and the way they stand out in the mix - Nice!

*Invent and insert a suitable word to describe the noise a plectrum makes as it's strummed down a set of taught metallic strings.

Have not looked forward to the drive into work so much for a long time!! :)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

James_S

Quote from: "Brom"I'm just waking up to all this... and I'm going to enjoy a sort of lie-in and ease myself in bit by bit in a very lazy sort of way.

First up tho, I particularly likethe way the acoustic guitars are recorded a minute or so into EIMA, the percussive xxxxx* of the plectrum is wonderful and the way they stand out in the mix - Nice!

*Invent and insert a suitable word to describe the noise a plectrum makes as it's strummed down a set of taught metallic strings.

Have not looked forward to the drive into work so much for a long time!! :)

I think the word you are looking for is "scrape" :D (although I know that is usually used for along the length of the string, I think it still works :) )
So many keyboards, so little time!

Philadelphia

I'm switching to Toys! It had me grinning like an idiot on my walk just now, I hope no one saw me.
- Pedro

kyuwert

Quote from: "Philadelphia"I'm switching to Toys! It had me grinning like an idiot on my walk just now, I hope no one saw me.

And why is that?

Be proud of your Frost*-grin.