How did you discover Frost*?

Started by mr_john, December 16, 2010, 10:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finbeard

What was that? Couldn't hear you over my electric razor...
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

aliensporebomb

Easy.  John Goodsall (guitarist of UK jazz fusion stalwarts Brand X) clued me into Frost by providing me a youtube link to "Black Light Machine".  That was all it took.

Pedro

Welcome to the board! As Nellie says we're mostly "fun bonkers" here! ;)
It's particularly cool to hear stories where other Musos have introduced people to Frost*.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

symun

Noob alert............
Simon from Swansea......
Igot into frost whilst watching a young bassist play the intro to a Symphony X song on you tube, i was so impressed by his playing i clicked on some of his other vids which included some frost.
First song on youtube i found was Hyperventilate, that song blew me away and have been hooked since. :D

rogerg

welcome symun!!  what's your favorite biscuit?   8-)

symun

Original Mcvities Digestives dunked in tea, then cheapy choc chip digestives. But more recently, tescos Oaties.
I could go on.

rogerg

Quote from: "symun"I could go on.

by all means, do!!   8-)

Mikey

Quote from: "symun"I could go on.
Please do  :D

& welcome aboard
I used to have a signature

rogerg

symun

ok............
Bourbons, custard creams, coconut rings, jammy dodgers, those danish butter things from lidl's, rockys with both ends nibbled so you can drink tea through like a straw.
As above with kit-kat fingers.
oh and any shape of shortbread........but definately not rich tea, they are not for me....

DueyC

Kit-Kats as straws? I like your style!  :lol:
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

mr_john

Quote from: "Julie"Kit-Kats as straws? I like your style!  :lol:

If you like that try a Twix... seriously!  :D

Pedro

Crikey, this sounds intriguing but I'm not having chocolate these days.
Is there a need for caution? Insert trimmed Twix into hot beverage and suck like mad?
I see a number of outcomes including inhaling entire Twix and/or a lot if red hot tea rather suddenly...
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

mr_john

Quote from: "Pedro"Crikey, this sounds intriguing but I'm not having chocolate these days.
Is there a need for caution? Insert trimmed Twix into hot beverage and suck like mad?
I see a number of outcomes including inhaling entire Twix and/or a lot if red hot tea rather suddenly...

There is a choking hazard but a good firm grip should counteract any sliding. *sentence courtesy of the writers of the 'Carry On' series*  :lol:

In all seriousness the density of the Twix caramel and biscuit combo ensures that the drink is not too hot on arrival plus it also makes it gooey and tasty!! I would imagine 1 or maybe 2 inhales is all you need for melty-chocolatey-biscuity goodness!

Mikey

Quote from: "Mikey"Have only glanced through most of these posts but I think I come from a different line of the family tree (Hungary, Germany & Denmark)......

John Young....Can't remember how I arrived at JY, but JJ played with him and through JJ, onto Jadis & IQ

After a blinding flash of inspiration, and Tom would hate this, Frost* have 2 links to ASIA, and I can trace my Frost* roots back to school.
In some of our music lessons we were allowed to bring in one of our albums, the big round crackly scratchy plastic things with huge pictures and lots of writing. My mate brought in Trilogy by Emerson, Lake & Palmer. (Note the Aaron Copland connection, so thats actually 3, not 2). Carl Palmer went on to form ASIA with Buggles and Yes man Geoff Downes, he was replaced briefly by the aforementioned John Young. John Wetton, also of ASIA toured with Geoff Downes and was very ably assisted by John Mitchell, in my opinion John (Mitchell) held the gig together.

See, told you Tom would be gutted
I used to have a signature