Skiing!

Started by RWA, February 10, 2010, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Last time I did it was 1990...... so it's been a while!

Went to Winterberg in Germany last Monday and Tuesday:

Trying to stay on my feet after 2 cups of "Jager" tea (60% water, 40 % Jagermeister!)

It was fun! And it's like riding a bike; you're back on track before you know it.  :D

ich_bin_besser

You should have announced it. This place is very close to my home.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Bokkie

It's an intensive sport, apres ski... :lol:
Great picture,btw. (the first one)
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

catherine

The second pic appears to be missing a Frost* beanie hat - how did that happen?

Big Black Shed

"Skiing is wonderful, it makes me laugh, it makes me want to sing........"

C'mon..... You all know it. :D  :D  :D
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Pedro

...and some of us remember the words.... ;)

"Skiing I love it, it makes me laugh, it makes me want to sing.
I'm skiing, it's wonderful especially if you're skating in a ring...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk64wqntD0U

Marvellous!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "catherine"The second pic appears to be missing a Frost* beanie hat - how did that happen?
Yeah I know.......... haven't got one.  :oops:

Nellie

:shock:
If you scroll to the top of the page, you'll find a button that reads "shop". Click on it and you will be amazed to find that you can purchase the very same Frost* beanie for only a few earth pounds.
Go on, you know you want to :D
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Nellie":shock:
If you scroll to the top of the page, you'll find a button that reads "shop". Click on it and you will be amazed to find that you can purchase the very same Frost* beanie for only a few earth pounds.
Go on, you know you want to :D

Now, now, ladies: no undue commercial or peer pressures shall be brought to bear here  ;)

In fact, I was going to say that we need to protect our Dutch friends from the shop-til-you-drop culture of the UK because they're such nice folk.

But having just spent the whole morning embroiled in an utterly Kafkaesque stand-off between the RDW (Dutch driving licence agency) and the Politie (Dutch police), with them disagreeing over the precise format of a document that must be used by the latter to recognise the loss of a foreign driving licence in order for the former to issue a new local one to someone with diplomatic status, I'm no longer sure.

OK, they're very nice, but how on earth do they put up with this level of insane nit-picking bureaucracy?!?! It must be their fault  :evil:

RWA

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"But having just spent the whole morning embroiled in an utterly Kafkaesque stand-off between the RDW (Dutch driving licence agency) and the Politie (Dutch police), with them disagreeing over the precise format of a document that must be used by the latter to recognise the loss of a foreign driving licence in order for the former to issue a new local one to someone with diplomatic status, I'm no longer sure.

OK, they're very nice, but how on earth do they put up with this level of insane nit-picking bureaucracy?!?! It must be their fault  :evil:
There's people........... and there's civil servants. They're a universal breed that cross all fysical and mental borders. You can move to Mars..... but I'm pretty sure you'll need a visum and an intergalactical drivers license for that.  :?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RWA"There's people........... and there's civil servants. They're a universal breed that cross all fysical and mental borders. You can move to Mars..... but I'm pretty sure you'll need a visum and an intergalactical drivers license for that.  :?

Having been various varieties of civil servant (as in, paid by the state) for most of my working life, in four different countries, and on two different continents, I can say that those of the Dutch persuasion are among the most spectacularly obscurantist that I have ever interfaced with.

As I say, how on earth do you guys put up with them?  :shock:

RWA

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "RWA"There's people........... and there's civil servants. They're a universal breed that cross all fysical and mental borders. You can move to Mars..... but I'm pretty sure you'll need a visum and an intergalactical drivers license for that.  :?

Having been various varieties of civil servant (as in, paid by the state) for most of my working life, in four different countries, and on two different continents, I can say that those of the Dutch persuasion are among the most spectacularly obscurantist that I have ever interfaced with.

As I say, how on earth do you guys put up with them?  :shock:

We just don't loose our driving licence! Or we make sure we have the right format of the needed document.  :mrgreen:

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "RWA"We just don't loose our driving licence! Or we make sure we have the right format of the needed document.  :mrgreen:

My god; absolutely genius ideas  :roll: