had to get More Than A Feeling

Started by rogerg, December 06, 2008, 12:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

Just wow <-- link

actually, More Than A Feeling is very listenable, in a happy-go-lucky sort of way!

8-)

J Jonah Jameson

Are we talking Boston here?  If so, drop the top baby, let's drive! Perfect summer driving song!

If we're not talking Boston, I'll shut up...

JJJ

Brom

Was that Marianne I just saw walking away?
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

rogerg

Quote from: "J Jonah Jameson"Are we talking Boston here?  If so, drop the top baby, let's drive! Perfect summer driving song!

If we're not talking Boston, I'll shut up...

JJJ

yes!  it's Alan White and Tony Kaye covering More Than a Feeling!

I like it!

heh Brom   8-)

ChrisX

Quote from: "Brom"Was that Marianne I just saw walking away?

I realised it was Amanda  8-)
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

rogerg

yes, most of it is very (very) scary.  but it's fun!   8-)

J Jonah Jameson

There I was today at a CD fair in Sunny Stourbridge, and the first song to come on was.. More Than a Feeling (original version). Twilight Zone or what....

rogerg

Pedro

Quote from: "eponymous"
Quote from: "J Jonah Jameson"There I was today at a CD fair in Sunny Stourbridge, and the first song to come on was.. More Than a Feeling (original version). Twilight Zone or what....
No... Twilight Zone is a Golden Earring song...  ;)
...and Golden Earrings was a single by The Enid....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

... and Festiva music (for Enid) was by Gerhard Track and was first performed in 1981, scored for 4 solo trumpets and 4 solo trombones, accompanied by flute (2), oboe (2), clarinet (2), bassoon (2), horn (4), trumpet (2), trombone (3), timpani (1), drums (1), strings (not sure how many, my source was not forthcoming on this!)

rogerg

Quote from: "catherine"... and Festiva music (for Enid) was by Gerhard Track and was first performed in 1981, scored for 4 solo trumpets and 4 solo trombones, accompanied by flute (2), oboe (2), clarinet (2), bassoon (2), horn (4), trumpet (2), trombone (3), timpani (1), drums (1), strings (not sure how many, my source was not forthcoming on this!)

and how about Angels and Devils which was written by Henry Brant and scored for a choir of flutes with solo alto flute?

LivingForever

I have two sources for discovering hoary old classics like this - the soundtrack of Scrubs (which has yielded goodies by Toto and indeed Boston), and Guitar Hero, which introduced me to the joys of 'Carry on My Wayward Son'.

Any more soft-rock cheese I should be aware of?
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

Do Foreigner count as "rock cheese"?
I loved their first 4 LPs.  :)

LivingForever

Quote from: "Pedro"Do Foreigner count as "rock cheese"?
I loved their first 4 LPs.  :)

I reckon they do! What's a good track - I know 'Waiting for a girl like you' or whatever it's called but anything more interesting than that?
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

Check the the tune that plays on their website from their new album. It's just like what I remember!  :D

I think "Cold as Ice" was the first track that hooked me....must have been a premonition for cold things to come!  ;)