Islington Gig Info

Started by redevan101, December 01, 2010, 06:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redevan101

My fellows by a bizzare twist of internet strange doings, my computer seems to only let me on the frost site (i guess it could be much worse!"

What i mean to say is that i cant get the info e.g. time for the islington gig as my mate has the tickets and i'm stuck in brighton, therefore fine chaps could someone please give me the low down on what time it all kicks off this friday cheers

ev
God Bless Prog And All Who Sail In Her
www.facebook.com/starkband

catherine

I believe the evening starts Brighton early... (runs away and hides)

redevan101

God Bless Prog And All Who Sail In Her
www.facebook.com/starkband

DueyC

Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Ash

which really winds me up - cannot collect my tickets til 6 and yet doors open at 6, the point of buying the tickets in May was???
Ash
xxx

Frazzbo

You think you've got it bad: I bought Zapp1e's tickets for tomorrow and we arranged for him to post them to me. However, they haven't turned up yet, I presume because of the snow keeping the posties all locked up with their tea & biccies. So, even if the gig does take place, I doubt I'll be there!  :cry:   :evil:  Snot fair!

Edit: this isn't me having a go at Zapp1e, by the way! He did all he could: posted the tickets recorded delivery on Friday, so they should have been with me on Saturday or Monday at the latest (and before the snow). Since then, nada, nix, zip, niente.

JinjaBeardy

On the O2 Academy Islington website it says "Doors 6:00pm, show TBC" cant see much happening before 7:30 earliest really. All this is providing that Frost* can actually get there  :(  never mind us!
People ask, "Why haven\'t aliens contacted our goverment by now?"
If you were a super intelligent, galaxy crossing being what would possibly make you want to speak to the government??

pink skinny head

Unable to make the gig tonite guys....im absolutely gutted.The roads in Kent are very bad,and the train service limited(if any at all)with little hope of a return journey tonite.Months of antisipated excitement squashed by bad weather....how do they cope in Russia on a daily basis. :roll:
Hope whoever manages to get there tonite has a great time,thats assuming Jem and co make it as well.Could someone please post a set list...it would be nice/agony to know what i missed...sob sob!!

Mooncat

Quotehow do they cope in Russia on a daily basis
Not that it's any consolation, but heard a 'boffin' quoted as saying the reason Scandanavia and Russia cope better with bad weather is (a) they expect it, and (b) they spend shedloads of cash on their transport infrastructure to cope.

With Mr Cameron's spending cuts, it's not gonna change in the foreseeable future over here (although perhaps we can spenmd some of the money we've saved by not hosting the world cup anytime soon ;) )
Gutted for those of you that can't make the gigs - hopefully the DVD shoot will proceed and you will aat least be able to share in the magic at some point......... :cry:
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

Quote from: "JinjaBeardy"On the O2 Academy Islington website it says "Doors 6:00pm, show TBC" cant see much happening before 7:30 earliest really. All this is providing that Frost* can actually get there  :(  never mind us!
The thing about Islington is that it has a crazy early curfew cos it morphs into a night-club/disco thing. So early doors prolly really does mean that for the support...unless the Frost*ies don't want any encores that is.
 :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

L33VEY

Quote from: "Pedro"The thing about Islington is that it has a crazy early curfew cos it morphs into a night-club/disco thing. So early doors prolly really does mean that for the support...unless the Frost*ies don't want any encores that is.

True - can remember getting there for door opening when Frost* were supporting Spocks, only to find that they were half way though EIMA already
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Ash

And I do actually like arK.  It will be a shame if I miss them cos I am queueing to get a ticket I bought in May.

Sorry - I am NEVER going to stop moaning about SEE Tickets.
Ash
xxx

tomskerous

I'm probably going to be there about 6:30 with a following wind...and blizzard.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

JinjaBeardy

Quote from: "Pedro"The thing about Islington is that it has a crazy early curfew cos it morphs into a night-club/disco thing. So early doors prolly really does mean that for the support...unless the Frost*ies don't want any encores that is.

Oh yeah I forgot about that :(
People ask, "Why haven\'t aliens contacted our goverment by now?"
If you were a super intelligent, galaxy crossing being what would possibly make you want to speak to the government??

Trapezium Artist

Well, here we are: 18:40 and in the right part of the venue finally. I was wondering about all the rather young, black clad people in the room; not Frost*ies as I remembered them.

Turns out that Cathedral are also playing in another room, and the ticket folks didn't check carefully where we were supposed to be ... Quick trip upstairs and here you all are, a definitely older (on average; plenty of young 'uns here too) and far more colourful crew of music lovers.

All's well that ends well (or should it be starts?); let's see how it goes :-)