Main Menu

New Logo!!!

Started by JakeWorrell, December 25, 2011, 12:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeWorrell

Merry Christmas everyone!!

SO! It has been fully revealed. Here is the link just for reference //http://frostmusic.net/advent/images/logo2012.png

No doubt there will be opinions, heres mine:

I love it, very modern which is no doubt deliberate in order to reflect elements of the F*** sound.

but what do YOU think?
"The longer the note, the more dread."

RacingHippo

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"but what do YOU think?
I think it would look lovely sliced into 20 chunks and shuffled up randomly.  :mrgreen:
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

Yes, like that would be great for the 25th if you ca....*looks at watch... :)
Nice work, sir.
Now, I just need to get the right all jet black piece into the right all jet black place.
Happy Christmas!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Jim Takacs

AHH!   LOVE The New Logo!!   Also Love how it was unveiled bits at a time Via the Calendar!  Excellent work with said calendar btw!  ;)   BTW, I WILL Build a Catherine Wheel and Recreate a Pyrotechnic Version of the Logo!    8-)
::I Like Cheese::

Mordwin

Quote from: "Pedro"Yes, like that would be great for the 25th if you ca....*looks at watch... :)
Nice work, sir.
Now, I just need to get the right all jet black piece into the right all jet black place.
Happy Christmas!

Will the entire thing light up in black when you've done it? ;)

Fogeyspasm

It has a very Star Trekky SciFi look to it, thats just my take on it.
Right off onto Amazon to purchase some Spock fake ears. :lol:
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Againesis

Love it. iPhone skin ordered already. It'll look great on a tshirt too. I wonder if they've thought of that??? ;)
There are only 10 types of people]

gr8gonzo

Agreed, Fogey. The two fonts together prompted me to describe it as Batman: The Next Generation, with the swirling dust reminding me a bit of the stuff that comes out of The Doctor when he regenerates. There's also a computer-y aspect to it, which I imagine will lend itself well to the new Frost* sound.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mooncat

Loving the new logo. HAs already made it to both phone and laptop as wallpaper, and can see it makeing some nice tshirts.
If only there was someone in our midst with a tshirt/merchandise business that could make these thoughts a reality  ;)  ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

finbeard

not to give away Vitamin P's wild trade secrets, but never mind that, did you know that swirly dust is actually a fractal most likely generated using a program called Apophysis? it's really a neat tool, and i got all giddy with excitement when i saw Vit P had used it in the new Frost* logo. and did a damn tasteful job of it as well!
[size=200]WHAT HO![/size]

L33VEY

Quote from: "Mooncat"Loving the new logo. HAs already made it to both phone and laptop as wallpaper, and can see it makeing some nice tshirts.
If only there was someone in our midst with a tshirt/merchandise business that could make these thoughts a reality  ;)  ;)

Need some new window clings as well.....
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Mouse

I bloody love the new logo. Absolutely bloody love it. Vit P does it again, the talented git.

If it does make its way onto a T-shirt (If? If?!), I'd love to see it on material other than black (the base colour of every prog shirt in the world  :lol: ). Maybe white, or a nice cool blue? I reckon it would still look ace on lighter backgrounds.  :)

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "Mooncat"Loving the new logo. HAs already made it to both phone and laptop as wallpaper, and can see it makeing some nice tshirts.

Need some new window clings as well.....

Oooo, yes! I do love a window cling.

+1
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mooncat

Re t-shirt colours - frost have over the years produced many different coloured shirts (my own fave being the white with black sleeves!!)

Also noticed yesterday that the new logo is a 'progression' from the one on the original EIMA shirts (I've got the blue with big yellow frosterisk on the front).

I'd also like to put in a vote for some more of the 'faux' long sleeve shirts (the ones which look like a regular tshirt over the top of a different coloured long sleeve shirt) 8-)

Edit.... In fact, a bit like the one on my avatar pic!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Brom

Quote from: "finbeard"not to give away Vitamin P's wild trade secrets, but never mind that, did you know that swirly dust is actually a fractal most likely generated using a program called Apophysis? it's really a neat tool, and i got all giddy with excitement when i saw Vit P had used it in the new Frost* logo. and did a damn tasteful job of it as well!

Are you sure?? To me it's either a screendump from the Hadron Collider or it was inspired by the accidental placement of an LED key ring in a washing machine.  ;)  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333