Thank Yoo-hoooo!

Started by Jem, January 11, 2009, 03:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Hello chaps,

Just got back, terrible 5 mile tailback on the M25, took me 7 hours to get home.  :shock:

Thank you so much to everybody who came down last night. As you will know, in the best keyboard player stakes, I came second. However, this is not all bad I know that most girls prefer a man who comes second.

Anyway, sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to anybody really afterwards, I was downstairs in a bit of a sulk because I played like such a c***. Really terribly. Sorry about that.

And lastly thank you to Steve Hackett who was really lovely and didn't bat an eyelid when he walked into our dressing room to find me mounting JM.

In a brotherly way, natch.  ;)

Lastly lastly, sorry for the delay in replying to the PMs. I'll try and do it this evening.

Ta muchly,

Jxx

Mouse

Quote from: "Jem"And lastly thank you to Steve Hackett who was really lovely and didn't bat an eyelid when he walked into our dressing room to find me mounting JM.

:shock:

Typical Frost* way of introducing yourself to a Rock legend!  :D

Although I dread to think about what you would've been doing had the full Genesis line-up walked in...  :shock:

rogerg

welcome back, Jem, and grats!

and quit apologizing.

8-)

johninblack

Quote from: "Jem"Anyway, sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to anybody really afterwards, I was downstairs in a bit of a sulk because I played like such a c***. Really terribly. Sorry about that.
Jxx

I think the only people who will be worried by the mistakes (which as far as i'm concerned just add to the character of the band and performance) are those people that already have a problem with you/the dayjob who are only looking for excuses not to like you. Those we have christened "hobbits".
Thank you for writing your music, thank you for bothering to perform it for us and most of all thank you for being you.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Cynthia's Mallet

Quote from: "Jem"And lastly thank you to Steve Hackett who was really lovely and didn't bat an eyelid when he walked into our dressing room to find me mounting JM.

Perhaps he's already familiar with 'man love' via the Frost* Reports  :)

Agreed, he's a lovely man with a very calming presence....and THE softest hands I've ever shaken! :D
"Anyone for croquet?..."

sawtooth

Quote from: "Jem"Anyway, sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to anybody really afterwards, I was downstairs in a bit of a sulk because I played like such a c***. Really terribly. Sorry about that.

JohnInBlack is spot on - for a lot of us Frostie*s, the occasional cock-up on stage only adds to the experience, as it's usually milked for comedic value by you lot, and brings us all that little bit closer together in a loved-up-on-prog kinda way. Almost a case of mistaketh maketh the gig!

Personally, I thought you all were on fire - I've been to 6 or so Frost* gigs so far and for me last night was on another level (from an audience-members point of view). Special mention must be made of Dec's voice. The notes he was hitting were silly high and spot on, and he looked on top form all night. The mix lost a few solos, but I was in front of JM and wept openly at his magnificence. JJ was well active and looked to be having a lot of fun, and his bass prowess never ceases to amaze.

And TBE. What can I say....what an infernal racket of marvellousness.

You weren't half bad either Jem ;)

tomskerous

If it's any consolation, Dad was totally blown away. He said on the way back: 'I started saying "f***" early on in the first song, and by about halfway through the gig had said it more than I had in the previous year. So much I went past infinity and started having to say "blimey" instead.'

Oh, and can we have the awesome cutup intro to BLM in the Toys section please? I totally lurve it to bits, but was stuck at the bar when it kicked off.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

RacingHippo

Quote from: "sawtooth"Almost a case of mistaketh maketh the gig!
You should thee thomeone about that lithp, thawtooth.
* May contain nuts.

catherine

Would that be a lithpologitht, a lithpomethritht, or a lithp thpethialitht that thawtooth thould thee? I couldn't find anything thuitable in the Yellow Pageth...

Geetar

It'th a good job he'th not a theothophitht.
This space for sale.

gr8gonzo

Probably had a flashback of his Genesis audition.  :shock:
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mouse

Quote from: "catherine"Would that be a lithpologitht, a lithpomethritht, or a lithp thpethialitht that thawtooth thould thee? I couldn't find anything thuitable in the Yellow Pageth...

Thit me, my eyeth have died and my brain hath melted...

The thells theathells by the thea thore. Thought I'd have a go.
I'll thtop now. ;)

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"It'th a good job he'th not a theothophitht.

who'th'ell thays he ain'th?

sawtooth

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "catherine"Would that be a lithpologitht, a lithpomethritht, or a lithp thpethialitht that thawtooth thould thee? I couldn't find anything thuitable in the Yellow Pageth...

Thit me, my eyeth have died and my brain hath melted...

The thells theathells by the thea thore. Thought I'd have a go.
I'll thtop now. ;)
Now you're all jutht being thilly.