Frost Wallpaper project

Started by Erethism, July 26, 2010, 05:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erethism

Hello chaps.

Haven't chimed in for a while, but I have been paying the forums a visit every now and again. I've been working on an image I would like to share with you. I make these kinds of images once in a while (last one was two years ago), but this one has been in my head for quite some time, and I've been unable to draw/edit it until now. Started on it yesterday, so it took me about 26 hours from start to finish, including breaks and sleep. So maybe closer to 10 hours total.

Anyway.

I'm not completely satisfied with the end result, it did indeed deviate from the image in my mind. However, it did capture most of the elements I was trying to incorporate, so I'm happy about that. Keep in mind I have only used Photoshop for the most basic editing in the past, so this was my first attempt at doing something different. I've been using various tutorials online to get the effects I wanted, but currently I lack the (professional) tools, skills and knowledge to improve it. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Feel free to use it as your wallpaper or whatever you wish, I even have one cropped to fit the iPhone so I could finally change my old wallpaper on it (it was the same 2-year-old image). I will also add a picture of the drawing if you are interested in seeing what I started out with.

Due to the file size limit, I will upload a .zip file (7 MB) containing the different aspect ratios (they're quite large, ~2 MB each, in order to accommodate the larger screens). Just unzip and select the one that fits your screen, and you should be set. //http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YMAPONYL

Enjoy!

P.S. This image was produced 100% while listening to Frost*

Previews:
Honorary Executive Producer of Spock\'s Beard X

Pedro

Very pretty, thanks for sharing. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MrBabou

"The mind is like a parachute: it works best when it\'s open"... Frank Zappa

rogerg

those are cool, and might work very well as a drum cover!

Jim Takacs

OK, What Gives? I have been working on this Maze puzzle for 6 straight hours and just cant seem to get to the Froster'isk center!   :evil:   :lol:     Very Cool Design!  I Right Clicked on it!! ;)
::I Like Cheese::

Erethism

Thanks for the kind words :) I was doing this project for myself, but if just one Frostie likes it enough to download/use it, then the effort was worth it.

And to Jim, in order to solve the maze, simply remember that All roads lead to Frost* and you should be fine ;)

Fogeyspasm

Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Mooncat

I echo Rogerg's thought - you really should submit these to the 'design Blunders kit' competition - if I was the lucky occupant of the Frost* drum stool I'd be happt to have such a design on the tubs. It works on a couple of levels too as to the uninitiated it is a nice design, but to those of who know what we're looking for it's a more subtle use of the frosterisk!!

Good work chap :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Erethism

Thanks for the feedback, guys :) But now you've got me curious about this competition, seeing as a Google search didn't reveal anything. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Cheers!

Pedro

Check the thread :- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1862

Note that although the published end-date has gone by, submissions are still allowed, I think.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Erethism

Thanks, Pedro. I've submitted my design and I hope they still accept submissions, as I did see Craig saying "a few more weeks" nearly three weeks ago. Can't hurt trying, at least. Thanks for the tip, guys :)

Mouse

That looks great, Erethism! Nice one!  :)

RobRideout

It's currently the background on my laptop! And it maybe the the first wallpaper on my new hackintosh...

Ben Y-S

That's totally being the background on my iPod Touch, that's awesome. ^_^

Dave M

If you go to the shop .. click on the posters .. enlarge and save the picture, it makes a rather splendiferous desktop  :D
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..