Devin Townsend

Started by DannySoisSage, November 04, 2009, 11:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherine

I looked at the more recent picture and it's true, he looks a lot less scary on that (not quite so much like Bill Bailey on a REALLY bad day!)

The Cosmic Lawnmower

What happened to the Ziltoid the Omniscient stuff, was that a one-off? I quite enjoyed it  :)

Some good musical stuff and humour going on there, loved the MySpace 'transmissions'  :D

I was kinda hoping he'd continue with Ziltoid a little longer.

Check out the first 'transmission' here > //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viaRKlgQo3E

sawtooth

Crikey - Addicted is a bit bloody good isn't it? Faves so far are Supercrush, Hyperdrive and Numbered. I don't normally like ultra heavy stuff but Devin is the exception and this album is just stunning.  :D

MikeEvs

Quote from: "sawtooth"Crikey - Addicted is a bit bloody good isn't it? Faves so far are Supercrush, Hyperdrive and Numbered. I don't normally like ultra heavy stuff but Devin is the exception and this album is just stunning.  :D

It certainly is a great album, have the office to myself at the moment so this is playing LOUD! :D

DannySoisSage

Quote from: "The Cosmic Lawnmower"What happened to the Ziltoid the Omniscient stuff, was that a one-off? I quite enjoyed it  :)

Some good musical stuff and humour going on there, loved the MySpace 'transmissions'  :D

I was kinda hoping he'd continue with Ziltoid a little longer.

Check out the first 'transmission' here > //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viaRKlgQo3E

He's quite vocal on his forum I believe, and he's commented that he'd love to go back and do a Ziltoid 2. I think the fact that he redid Hyperdrive and he's supposed to be playing some of the material live shows that he liked it, I just think that it came just as his personal problems came to a head and he needed to just drop everything and chill out. Part of that was this four album set but once that's done hopefully he'll get back onto Ziltoid because I LOVED that album =)