Random purchase

Started by Jem, December 23, 2009, 08:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

I just bought a Kawai K5000S. It's bonkers.

Geetar

I can still easily remember (decades after becoming jaded with the "next big thing"; and yes, I am that old, thanks) when Turnkey were selling off the rackmount version really cheaply. It was an astonishing piece of kit for the money.

I hope you've something utterly insane in mind for it....
This space for sale.

MikeEvs

I have no ided what one of them is but I hope you enjoy it :lol:

SerFox

Looks like some kind of motif/kurzwell hybrid thing.

Is it any good? It certainly looks the part.. except for the dodgy looking screen on the picture I found :/ half of it looks a bit..dead. Might've been the flash but can't really tell :lol:

Jem

The best way I can describe it is as a 50/50 split between a D50 and a Wavestation.

I really really like it. Not least coz it's a bit of an underdog.  :D

johninblack

Ah! an underdog, that will be close to your heart then. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Jem

Quote from: "johninblack"Ah! an underdog, that will be close to your heart then. :D

Indeed.  :lol:  ;)

EVP

Awesome! I admit I had to google it to find out more, but it sure looks like a fun toy.
The brushed aluminum look reminds me of a Fantom yet it's actually 13 years old.
It looked a bit more modern than I thought.

The only Kawai keyboard I was familiar with was the K1. My friend went to college with
someone who did his own little demo on an 8 track machine at the college studio.
I still remember the unique sounds it had.

johninblack

Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "johninblack"Ah! an underdog, that will be close to your heart then. :D

Indeed.  :lol:  ;)
Nothing wrong with supporting the underdog, the problem comes when you put money on the bugger. :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

EvilDragon

K5000S is a BRILLIANT machine!

I want a K5000R myself. Just listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT1yMLdQ6PE

Rook

Agreed. I lusted BIG TIME for the K5000S when it was released, and still hope to pick one up at a good price some time. I had the K5 for a time - basically the predecessor. Some nice gritty leads, and the best synth action I have ever had. Swapped it for a big TV, which seemed like a good idea at the time...

Evil Dragon, I tried to follow the link in your sig, but it is old.

/R

EvilDragon

Yes, it's an old link. But it still sounds awesome, doesn't it? ;)

BTW, going price for K5000S is around 400-500€ nowadays, which isn't that bad IMO.

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Rook

Thanks Pedro, I found it. Evil Dragon makes you work for the music :)

/R

EvilDragon

Quote from: "Pedro"Try this... //http://www.frost-music.co.uk/frosties/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1181  :)

Hey, thanks, I've updated the link in my signature. I completely forgot to update it when the forum address changed.

Cheers!