Jems Kronos?!!!

Started by dtscape10, December 20, 2011, 12:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtscape10

Hi,
  Just wondering how Jem feels about the Kronos after gigging with it? Sounds great from the videos I've seen on Youtube(of the gig on Friday).
I have one myself and am still programming it up too gig (its unbelievably powerfull!!!). I'm still at that stage of getting stuck on a sound and just playing it for ages.. rather than programming it!! I simply get lost in it :?

Anyone else on here having fun with a Kronos? :)

Pedro

Not in real life....but in my head.... ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

I have played one, and never got past the presets. Simply too much fun. I badly want one, it IS the ultimate live instrument.

MarkOneMusic

Having splurged on a Fantom G7 last year - And whose fault was *that* ? - I am currently in the mandatory keyboard purchase embargo period.

But the Kronos does look amazing.

Againesis

Saving up now but plan to have a 61key one installed above my OASYS 88 before the end of the year.
There are only 10 types of people]

JakeWorrell

before the end of the year? cutting it a little fine aren't you? ;)
"The longer the note, the more dread."

johninblack

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"before the end of the year? cutting it a little fine aren't you? ;)
He never specified which year. :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Againesis

Well....the year was over after December 16th no?
There are only 10 types of people]

Jem

The big K was brilliant. The operator was slightly remiss from time to time... :lol:

I held off putting the V1.5 Os update on it just in case the whole thing fell over (I speak from the pain of many many ProTools upgrades... :roll: ) however it's now up to date and performing fabulously. I have to say, I don't think I've ever owned a better synth. And I mean "synth" in the best way. The S+S formula is merely a bit of it, the other  70% is pure synth. It's bloody brilliant.  :D

Mouse

I did love the piano sounds I heard it making at the gig. Although they Pedro's pigtails could've helped.  :lol:

Pedro

That'll be because they were Jem's pigtails to start with... :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

tranztek

and for my first post....I wondered if Jem or any other Kronos owners here have had any of the 73/88 note keybed problems (cutting off of notes by the keys re triggering) that have been reported on the Korg Forums. Being a potential purchaser, it would be interesting to know. and hi.... :)

E.S.

Welcome aboard! What's your favourite biscuit? :)

Haven't heard about that, only tried a 88 Kronos once in a store and it was a joy.

tranztek

Favourite biscuit at the moment is a caramelized coffee biscuit from budgens - I do like a shortbread finger though, M'lud. I limit myself to Chocolate hobnobs on very special occasions. Such as joining the Frosties forum pehaps? :)

Jem

Quote from: "tranztek"and for my first post....I wondered if Jem or any other Kronos owners here have had any of the 73/88 note keybed problems (cutting off of notes by the keys re triggering) that have been reported on the Korg Forums. Being a potential purchaser, it would be interesting to know. and hi.... :)

I know there have been problems, but mine is the 61 key synth action one and I can report there are no such problems with it.  :D