New Album Direction

Started by Arenarec, February 05, 2012, 01:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"I think Jem's blogging has hinted at something that crosses into genres possibly less well known to us...

I'm thinking:

Speed Polka, maybe with some Psy-Assyrian/Syriac a smattering of Min'y? death funk, perhaps with a some Progressive Tejano influences in there.
:lol:  :lol:
I used to have a signature

turbo

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"I think Jem's blogging has hinted at something that crosses into genres possibly less well known to us...

I'm thinking:

Speed Polka, maybe with some Psy-Assyrian/Syriac a smattering of Min'y? death funk, perhaps with a some Progressive Tejano influences in there.

Don forget some jazz drumming ala blunders style.  ;)
?"By the beard of Zeus"

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "turbo"

I'm thinking:

Don forget some jazz drumming ala blunders style.  ;)

Nah... Too mainstream.  :lol:

Arenarec

Pretty much fruitless trying to have a coherent conversation with this bunch.  You're all mad as a spoon!

Mikey

Quote from: "Arenarec"Pretty much fruitless trying to have a coherent conversation with this bunch.  You're all mad as a spoon!
Sththththpooooooooonzzzzz you say,

cue Pedro

tranztek

I wasn't too sure of the EIMA line up and much prefer the Mitchell/Godfrey axis. Not knocking Mr Burke, hes a fine singer and musician, but live especially, I prefer the quartet line-up(s). I am sure there will be quite a few twists and turns on the new one. Prog=progress one hopes, but whatever the label, its all music.

rogerg

not having seen them as a quartet, I can say they kicked ever-loving-ass at ROSFest as a fiver!

:D

Jem

The album direction will be 27 degrees north.

The real question is what velocity will the new album be.  :P

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

purple is my favorite number of the alphabet.

Mouse

Fogeyspasm

Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

turbo

Quote from: "Mouse"Purple is a fruit.
isnt that a bit homophobic  :lol:
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"I'd say....purple...mostly.
Purple, that'll make it sound like the new Arena album. That's fine by me  :D  :D  :D  :D

Maybe purple consuming bananas

sawtooth

Purple? Nah, Prince has already been there, done that!