Bedroom-made Prog-rock...

Started by monument, July 06, 2011, 11:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monument

Demo version of the first song from an upcoming EP, enjoy! (and do comment, obviously)

This version is missing vocals (which I haven't written yet) and a lot of keys (which the other half of the project is yet to do) and is also un-mixed. And as said above, recorded solely in my bedroom. :P

Enjoy: //http://soundcloud.com/krizmorriz/waves-demo-version

Pedro

Very good that.

Possibly unfair to pick at an incomplete half demo but if you wanted one thought, the bass could possibly be a bit tighter to the beat in the early portion (00:50 - 01:45) but other than that I look forward to hearing it when it has more to wear! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

El_Mayonnaise

Ony  gripe is that I heard Dream Theater's Blind Faith at 0:38-0:42 and then could only hear Dream Theatric's for the remainder of the first half.

3:20 onwards I really enjoyed however. Keep it up  :)

Mouse

There's some impressive playing there, monument. Looking forward to hearing it when there's a bit more meat on the bones, so to speak.  :)

Drarok

What drum kit is that? Sounds very much like Drumkit From Hell, is all... :)

monument

Quote from: "Drarok"What drum kit is that? Sounds very much like Drumkit From Hell, is all... :)

:roll:

I can't afford a drumkit or...a drummer.

Drarok

No need for the roll eyes, not saying there's anything wrong with it. It's a fantastic piece of kit! (heh)
My current crap superpower is to spot it wherever it goes. Probably due to the amount of time spent listening to my own efforts with it.

If it's good enough for Devin Townsend, it's good enough for me! :)