V-Machine....

Started by boswell, April 02, 2010, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boswell

So...

I bought a V-machine. (SM Pro Audio)

Silly me.

"Take your VST's with you!" "Great for live situations!""Never worry about beer soaked laptops ever again!!!"

Sounds great huh? ....

Fractional support for a handful of plugins which may or may not work even if you do manage to HAND CODE the ini file needed to make them work. Yes. Hand code. No midi in, tiny audio input jack (3.5mm). Just...terrible. And the worst part is I bought it months ago from the USA, hoping that support would increase. So now a return is out of the question.

Circa £500...

Folks...
Learn from my fail.

Mouse

Ouchy ouch! Sorry to hear that.  :(  If it's any consolation, I will learn from you and will avoid this product I've just read about. So, thanks for the pointer.  :)

boswell

Glad to be a martyr for the cause :D

RWA

That's silly indeed.....   :P

Seriously, I hear nothing but trouble about this thing and support has not really increased over the years.
Muse Receptor started out with a lot of problems as well but seemed to get their shit together over the years. The only problem is .... it's 4 times as expensive as a V-machine....  :?

boswell

I thought about a Muse Receptor but like you say it is stupidly expensive, and it's huge! I don't perform with any rack mounted gear so it would mean setting all that up too. Not worth the hassle.

I should have bought a laptop

RWA

Quote from: "boswell"I thought about a Muse Receptor but like you say it is stupidly expensive, and it's huge! I don't perform with any rack mounted gear so it would mean setting all that up too. Not worth the hassle.

Not many know about this gadget...........
..........so let me be of help by pointing out the "Receptor back mount" for stage use:

:?

Jem

Have you seen ziss?

http://www.openlabs.com/soundslate.html

A bit more than a V-Machine, but a fair bit less than a Muse.

Pedro

Oooh, that fired a synapse...

What happened to the whole DBeat thing? Did you ever get one?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Jem"Have you seen ziss?

http://www.openlabs.com/soundslate.html

A bit more than a V-Machine, but a fair bit less than a Muse.
Nice! If they cut that thing in half I think Boswell is satisfied.
But seriously, that thing looks great. It goes further then a Receptor since it can also be a DAW. Way cool!

Together with ziss you one can keep on tracking in the Sahara desert!  :)

boswell

Maybe cut the price in half too.

And what is that RWA?  I like it....

RWA

Quote from: "boswell"And what is that RWA?  I like it....

QuoteTraveling and can't find any WiFi spots? Sometimes finding that much needed internet signal is harder then spotting a shooting star in the night sky. Popular Science wrote a piece on how to produce your own portable WiFi spot out of a backpack for about a $1000. They offer a complete description of undertaking this ordeal along with estimates on the gadget prices. A great idea for all the internet junkie travelers out there.
It's basically the world most expensive sig lighter.

boswell

Now I'm definitely buying it