ProSoloVST - All you Genesis Fans/Keyboard players.

Started by boswell, April 21, 2010, 05:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boswell

http://www.prosolovst.com/ProSoloVst_home.htm

This is a nifty little plugin which emulates the timeless ARP Pro soloist.

Anybody else used it?

I'm currently trying to recreate sounds from Selling England, and The Lamb, but having no prior experience with a REAL Prosoloist, and I'm not sure if it's even possible with this thing. I've been faffing about with the settings for a while now and can't quite get the sounds I'm after. Surprisingly there is little information on the web about the settings Banksy used.

Still for 25 Euro's it's a nice lead plugin that I use quite often in my own stuff.

By far the most impressive feature is the aftertouch, which apparently is quite realistic to the real-deal.

The demo is just a bit of fun really. There's a 20 second interval beep which gets on your tripe and ruins a recording unless you can be bothered to use phase cancelling and what not. I just paid the cash.

Jem

That is a no brainer OWN.

Gotta get me that. Funnily enough, there's a real one for sale on the SOS website at the mo. I nearly went for it.

Mouse

Unfortunately, I lack a decent computer to run any shiney VSTs and general music software on, so this has been filed into my bookmarks for a "someday" purchase. One day, not today.  :|

boswell

Why have the real thing when you can have a pale digital imitiation  :lol:

No, I'm a softsynth fan really.

My only gripe with this thing is the inability to adjust the pitch bend range. Which is silly really because having ANY pitchbend is an improvement on the original (besides the aftertouch pitchbend...). But who says beggars can't be choosers?

Might we see some 'In the Cage' soloey goodness sneaked into the next Frost Report ? :P

boswell

Quote from: "Mouse"Unfortunately, I lack a decent computer to run any shiney VSTs and general music software on, so this has been filed into my bookmarks for a "someday" purchase. One day, not today.  :|

Get a V-machine  :lol:

EVP

Me WANT!!!

I always thought it'd be fun to download a few Genesis midi files and drive some softsynths.
I could play bass/guitar with my Taurus pedals along with them. I'm sure the midi files
out there probably have some duff notes in them, but still fun.

I already now have plugins of a CP-70,Mellotron,Taurus,and organs. now we have a Pro soloist!
How about an Arp Quadra now!?! The 2600 is out there as well.

Brom

I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

boswell

Quote from: "EVP"Me WANT!!!

I always thought it'd be fun to download a few Genesis midi files and drive some softsynths.
I could play bass/guitar with my Taurus pedals along with them. I'm sure the midi files
out there probably have some duff notes in them, but still fun.

I have a great sounding midi file of Cinema Show, with a 95% accurate solo by some French bloke. It's in Guitar Pro format, but I'll see how well it exports and post it here if I can attach midi files. I haven't tried it with the Soloist yet but it does have some polyphonic notes in certain sections which might need tweaking/ separating out.

QuoteI already now have plugins of a CP-70,Mellotron,Taurus,and organs. now we have a Pro soloist!

What Mellotron plug are you using? I have the M-Tron, but I think they brought a newer version out not long after I bought mine. Wondering how it stacks up. The M-Tron is great but it doesn't have the Hungover Male Chorus patch, or the wine glasses.

Quote from: "Brom"OMG- Is, is, is that a Bassoon preset??? :o

YES!!!  :D

boswell

Here it is, by a guy called tabmatt (mailto:mrodmacq@yahoo.fr">mrodmacq@yahoo.fr). Tried emailing him a while back but didn't get a reply. He made a brilliant Lamb Lies Down Tab as well.

Listening to it again the solo is about 85% accurate. Tried it through the soloist. will need a bit of tweaking to make it sound real. It's only sequenced after all.

The monophonic Soloist seems to handle the poly Ok, and cuts off the harmony notes rather than the main solo. Just make sure the Key Priority is set to "Last". Causes a bit of a popping sound though.

rogerg

EVP

Quote from: "boswell"
Quote from: "EVP"I already now have plugins of a CP-70,Mellotron,Taurus,and organs. now we have a Pro soloist!

What Mellotron plug are you using? I have the M-Tron, but I think they brought a newer version out not long after I bought mine. Wondering how it stacks up. The M-Tron is great but it doesn't have the Hungover Male Chorus patch, or the wine glasses.

YES!!!  :D
I have the original Mtron and it's add on discs. It was way back when i was on PC and there was no cross grade
to intel mac when M Audio took over distribution. When I got my Macbook I purchased Auto Sampler and
sampled every note of every tape bank off of my PC and all recorded on my Mac. I now have them all as
patches on the EXS sampler in Logic Pro.

I've been eyeing the official Mellotron sample cd and Mtron Pro but I'm in no hurry to grab either one at the moment.

boswell

Every note off every bank??!!  :shock:

That's dedication!

gav

WARNING!
WARNING!
 :!:  :!:  :!:
MELLOTRON DETECTED!
WARNING!
WARNING!
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

boswell

Wait, I can explain!!!

I was just....er...testing it....for a friend....

:twisted: