Porcupine Tree Tour

Started by Mossive Attack, October 05, 2009, 05:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherine

They were superb in London. Brilliant gig. Amazing.

Brom

Quote from: "catherine"They were superb in London. Brilliant gig. Amazing.

Agreed TBC!, superb sound too, well, after they turned the bass down from 11 to 9. Very enjoyable gig, Gavin Harrison is one helluva drummer, I was looking forward to seeing him and wasn't a bit disappointed. Mr Wilson and the boys did good!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

MikeEvs

Excellent gig in Bristol tonight, good to catch up with BBS and Gig Buddy :D

Mordwin

Well, was Glasgow last night, final date on the first part of the tour, and last full play of The Incident. Excellent gig, great selection of tracks... they really never do disappoint live... or on album :)

ecky p

Great gig in Glasgow but yet again at the ABC there was a curfew.Porc's cut the set to finish at 2200....They did not play Way out of here...what a load of b%*&&£"!,bands should avoid playing at the ABC...it was the same for It Bites earlier this year....you feel like a school kid,right boys and girls get out and straight to bed.....yes you behind the cow shed.O/k if your a clubber tho you can stay out all night....loved The Inccident /Russia on ice with Anesthetize
But there\'s nothing more to say

Mordwin

They played pretty much the same amount as at other gigs, Way Out Of here would have been nice but they didn't play it at Newcastle either by looks of it, and we got Mother and Child Divided which they hadn't played elsewhere. *shrugs*

grif

Just got my tickets for the Oct 14th show at the Royal Albert Hall, anyone else going along?

Bert

Quote from: "grif"Just got my tickets for the Oct 14th show at the Royal Albert Hall, anyone else going along?

Yep  :D

I seem to have formed this habit if only seeing PT at the end of an album cycle.

Also, can anyone tell me what is at the core of these snippets I get of SW beig grumpy with audiences on the tour ? Doesn't sound like him at all.
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Mouse

Once again, it sounds too expensive for my blood. The whole event of travel, gig, hotel, travel is only possible once ever year, it seems.  :(

Quote from: "Bert"Also, can anyone tell me what is at the core of these snippets I get of SW beig grumpy with audiences on the tour ? Doesn't sound like him at all.

I still can't shake this idea that he never smiles. I've heard testimony that that's not true, but still...  :?

D S

Quote from: "Bert"Also, can anyone tell me what is at the core of these snippets I get of SW beig grumpy with audiences on the tour ? Doesn't sound like him at all.
Well, I saw PT in Glasgow last month and, for SW, I'd have to say he seemed positively upbeat!  He was grumpy about the curfew in the ABC (same problem hit It Bites last January) and having to make way for a disco (they responded by playing The Sound of Muzak!) but he was nothing but polite and grateful to the audience.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mordwin

Yeah, he was very mellow... near the end of the tour may have helped I guess.

he was apparently a bit less mellow backstage from what I heard via a friend of the promoter, but ah well :D But as you say, the curfew thing and stuff probably didn't amuse him.

Mossive Attack

Got my tickets for the Albert Hall too. Although a member of the ROABP thingy I ended up just getting them from the RAH box office as they had been taken off sale on the PT website due to a cock-up with the ticket type/allocation. Me and Mrs M are in the stalls and it looks a decent view...something to look forward to.

Don't know about SW being grumpy...He did introduce a track from Deadwing at Manchester Academy and when everyone cheered said 'yeah you like it now, but why didn't you but it at the time?'...this was said with a smile though   ;)
The artist formerly known as Rob-M....