It Bites/Mostly Autumn

Started by Mikey, October 24, 2011, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Excellent Gig

Good to meet up with a few Frosties* again.

Hopefully someone will prove that it happened
I used to have a signature

Mouse

Fogey-'Steadicam'-spasm took plenty of footage on his mobile visual recording unit. I'll try to source some links in a minute...

EDIT: The following post may contain spoiler warnings of any up n'coming IB gigs' set-lists, so shut yer eyes if you want it to be a surprise!

Mouse

D S

Thanks for that, Mouse and Wing Co Spasm.  8-) A couple of tracks I've never heard the JM-era IB play in there - actually, don't think I ever heard the FD-era IB play Staring At The Whitewash live either.  We might get Vampires again someday at this rate!  :P
Sadly the Newcastle gig I was due to go to was one of those which was cancelled  :cry:  but at least these videos give me a flavour of what it was like.
Still, on the bright side, I understand that IB are due to be doing a special Christmas gig somewhere in Cumbria on 3 December so I should be able to get to that.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

RacingHippo

Quote from: "D S"actually, don't think I ever heard the FD-era IB play Staring At The Whitewash live either.  
JM admitted that, despite being a rabid IB fan for many years, he'd never heard SatW before JB+Bob sprung it on him: "I must have missed that meeting!"

Quote from: "D S"We might get Vampires again someday at this rate!  :P
Funnily enough, when he said they were going to play something he didn't know I turned to JiB and said "Vampires!!!"... but it was not to be.
* May contain nuts.

Brom

At the very last minute I called The Stables and although they had a few side stall tickets left they must have had a return because I they offered me a third row seat! I had been ummin and ahhhing about this gig because of my uncertainty of attendance due to business trips, but with my feet firmly on UK soil I decided it was an opportunity I should not miss. I was not disappointed although to my ears some of the It Bites harmonies didn't quite make it at times, or was that just the mix/venue ambience? Whatever, most of the set was spot on. "The wind that shakes the barley" was my fave with IB sounding much tighter here than during the rest of the gig... familiarity maybe? These are only minor quibbles... the allocated 75 mins were soon up and I was left wanting more, including Calling all the heroes which I assume was missed out due to the shortened set (normally 90 mins on this tour?)

Mostly Autumn I have yet to explore. I definitely enjoyed the set and they certainly play my sort of music. So I will be getting a few CDs in the coming months. Ms Helder I do know, and it was probably a good thing that she spent most of the gig hidden from view behind the keyboard player otherwise I may have found myself missing out on a lot of the other stuff that was going on  ;)

Great to see a few familiar faces in the audience, Dec became elusive during the intervals but I had a nice chat with the always amiable Mr. Moo.

Now tonight... I'm back there again!! Hoping to keep things in Focus!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Phrog

Just back from Bilston, It Bites were terrific, Mostly Autumn are still playing as far as I know... says it all really! I found MA pretty unoriginal to be honest, and I found myself getting bored.. maybe it just wasn't to my tastes, but they seemed to be taking it all rather seriously, which was frankly off-putting! Anyway, more positively, IB was a whole load of fun, as well as being a total class act musically!

On a different note -  I'm pretty sure that Mitchell's speaking voice changes depending on what band he's in, he sounded a bit like a breakfast radio DJ tonight  :lol:

Pedro

I saw MA at High Voltage and, as a newbie to their music, I thought they played very well and I enjoyed it. I did, however, get the impression that to see them again would be to see that exact same performance again, just in a different venue and in different frocks. This might be being unfair to them I suppose. :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

Quoteand in different frocks

Or glittery hotpants !!!!! 8-)  ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Phrog

Quote from: "Mooncat"
Quoteand in different frocks

Or glittery hotpants !!!!! 8-)  ;)

Was just about to post this! They were.. surprising...

Mooncat

Probably the best way to make sure the Panic Rooms fans weren't preoccupied by Anne-Marie  ;)  :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Jem

A top night out. I to the B were superious. Yes, I know it's not a proper word.  ;)

Nice to hear the new stuff too. JM played me the album so far when we got back to Chez Connaught. You are in for a right old treat. Keep an ear out for "Cartoon Graveyard". It's ace.  :D

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Jem"A top night out. I to the B were superious. Yes, I know it's not a proper word.  ;)
Nonsense. It's perfectly cromulent.

Ta for the tip-off - if the album's half like the tasters we had last weekend at Holmfirth, it's going to get a lot of arplay in this house!
* May contain nuts.

johninblack

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "Jem"A top night out. I to the B were superious. Yes, I know it's not a proper word.  ;)

Ta for the tip-off - if the album's half like the tasters we had last weekend at Holmfirth, it's going to get a lot of airplay in this house!
Aye! ours too I reckon :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

Quote from: "RacingHippo"

Embiggen that, Hippo.