Well this is nice.

Started by Jem, November 07, 2008, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philadelphia

It sure is nice to be back with the lovely Frost*ies. It's been so long since I set foot on the old forum (for a large number of reasons, the main one being that my presence at the Christmas Bash was being threatened and it was too depressing to be on the forum - but things might be looking up now!) that I've forgotten what rank I was before I returned to crumb-hood. So I'm not quite as saddened by my demotion as some of you must be!
*offering hugs to all the grand posters*

This place looks brilliant, by the way, I bow down before everyone who was invlovled with this spectacular transformation! I kept trying the web page and getting that revolving asterisk and deafening Frost*ie music - scared me half to death every time, I never learn.

I've missed you all a lot, though! How's everyone doing?
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

RacingHippo

Welcome, Philadelphia! So glad you're here :)
And It'd be lovely if you made it to the Peel - I missed you on the last round of gigs, so it'd be grand to meet ya.
* May contain nuts.

Mickdoo22

The site looks outstanding!  I think I will take my shoes off and stay a while!

Rudy

...running up path...out-of-breath...knocks on door...

"Wow, this place is SWELL!"

Truly lovely new site.  Now what the hell did I do with that damn'd avatar and quote?

D S

Quote from: "Philadelphia"It sure is nice to be back with the lovely Frost*ies. It's been so long since I set foot on the old forum (for a large number of reasons, the main one being that my presence at the Christmas Bash was being threatened and it was too depressing to be on the forum - but things might be looking up now!) that I've forgotten what rank I was before I returned to crumb-hood. So I'm not quite as saddened by my demotion as some of you must be!
*offering hugs to all the grand posters*

This place looks brilliant, by the way, I bow down before everyone who was invlovled with this spectacular transformation! I kept trying the web page and getting that revolving asterisk and deafening Frost*ie music - scared me half to death every time, I never learn.

I've missed you all a lot, though! How's everyone doing?
Welcome back!  I'd been wondering where you'd got to after being such a regular contributor and the one who'd got to almost as many gigs last summer as the band did (probably more in JM's case...  ;) ).
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Philadelphia

Thanks!

I might have beat JM, but I'm sure there were Frost*ies who got to more gigs than I did, though. (;-)
- Pedro

AnsOnkruid

Hello Philadelphia, welcome back :)
Are you the Frost*ie that went to the Porcupine Tree gig(s?) in Tilburg? Correct me if I'm wrong.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Philadelphia

Indeed I did! Tilburg and London, lovely gigs. Particularly the second Tilburg one!
Tilburg was a blast - and completely progified! There were prog t-shirts all over town those two days, and everywhere you went someone was talking about PT. I saw Arjen Lucassen at my hotel and when I got back to my room one night the people in the room next to mine were listening to No-Man.
But the coolest thing was after the second gig when I was hanging around the merch, talking to some friends. I saw a man in a Frost* t-shirt and nudged him and complimented him on the fine piece of couture he was wearing. It turned out he was from the UK and he asked me if I'd seen Frost* this summer. I confirmed that I had, and he asked me if I'd been at the London one. It turned out that he was the first person I talked to when I got to the venue there, he'd been standing outside in a The Flower Kings t-shirt and we'd talked a bit before queueing up. The Frost*ies are everywhere!
- Pedro

AnsOnkruid

Quote from: "Philadelphia"Indeed I did! Tilburg and London, lovely gigs. Particularly the second Tilburg one!
Tilburg was a blast - and completely progified! There were prog t-shirts all over town those two days, and everywhere you went someone was talking about PT. I saw Arjen Lucassen at my hotel and when I got back to my room one night the people in the room next to mine were listening to No-Man.
But the coolest thing was after the second gig when I was hanging around the merch, talking to some friends. I saw a man in a Frost* t-shirt and nudged him and complimented him on the fine piece of couture he was wearing. It turned out he was from the UK and he asked me if I'd seen Frost* this summer. I confirmed that I had, and he asked me if I'd been at the London one. It turned out that he was the first person I talked to when I got to the venue there, he'd been standing outside in a The Flower Kings t-shirt and we'd talked a bit before queueing up. The Frost*ies are everywhere!
I knew it was you! :P
Went to both gigs as well, amazing! The sound was really good.  Did you see it when Stevens mic fell the first night? :P
And I've seen Arjen Lucassen too - damn he's just too big :shock: Didn't see the Frost*ie though. And I was wearing my Frost* shirt as well :)
Where were you standing by the way?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Philadelphia

I think I may have been the only person there who didn't see Steven's mic fall! But on the first night I was off to the far left, by Wes, so maybe that's why I missed it!  The second night I was... in front of Gavin, I think.
*sigh* I bet they're going to include footage of me crying like a little girl during Dark Matter on the DVD. (:-/
- Pedro

AnsOnkruid

Were you standing in the front row or what? I was at the front of Colin both nights, front row.
You were crying while they filmed you? It's not that bad... We were doing a tropical dance during Sleep Together when they started filming us :shock:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Philadelphia

Yeah, front row both nights.
A tropical dance, you say? I can definitely picture that working towards the end of Sleep Together when those funky strings start playing...
- Pedro

AnsOnkruid

Quote from: "Philadelphia"Yeah, front row both nights.
A tropical dance, you say? I can definitely picture that working towards the end of Sleep Together when those funky strings start playing...
How did you know... :shock:
Front row... I must have seen you. How long were you standing in the queue outside?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Philadelphia

Quote from: "eponymous"
Quote from: "Philadelphia"*sigh* I bet they're going to include footage of me crying like a little girl during Dark Matter on the DVD. (:-/
Well, you're already immortalized in the Manchester Frost* bootleg!

"Jem, you promised me!"

"Are you the father of someone's child we should know about?"

:D

I have no idea what you're referring to.
Oh, look! A biscuit!
- Pedro

Philadelphia

Quote from: "AnsOnkruid"
Quote from: "Philadelphia"Yeah, front row both nights.
How did you know... :shock:
Front row... I must have seen you. How long were you standing in the queue outside?

First day - not long at all. Second day - a few hours. Me and my friend were fourth and fifth in queue but once they opened the doors people went crazy and my friend got in after... ten, or so, others had gone in, but I got pressed up against the door and couldn't get anywhere for a while. Not pleasant.
- Pedro