The Boy Edwards

Started by Jem, November 22, 2008, 12:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

It is with no regret whatsoever that I tell you Andy is getting up out of his Frost drum chair, setting fire to it and throwing it out of the window.

Yes, dear TBE is leaving us.

I say no regret whatsoever as technically, he's not leaving Frost altogether, but merely leaving the live unit that is Frost owing to a fantastic new work opportunity that he will explain to you in due course. He will still continue to dip his toe into the Frosty pond from time to time and record stuff with us, but you won't see his lovely visage onstage any more. Think of it as a semi permanent sabbatical in the style of our first guitarist, Mr Johnny Boyes.

That reminds me, I really should dig him up and see if he's alright...

TBE's last gig with us will be the CRS gig on January 10th so if you can come down, please do and give him a goodbye hug. Preferably after we've finished playing.

As for me, I feel that perhaps only one word can sum up how I truly feel...

"Next!"

As you were.  ;)

Jem x

LivingForever

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:shock:

Quick, get on youtube and look at some Frost* tribute bands for a replacement.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Gandalf1986

/various swears...

It can't be! I'm just depressed now... :(
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

ChrisX

That is some major news but as mentioned earlier since Jem doesn't seem to be as bummed as he actually should be I guess they have already an idea for their replacement. I just hope it won't be that guy from It Bites....

But... if Andy is quitting Frost how about his involvement with IQ then? Jeez, do they have to look for a new drummer again?
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "ChrisX"But... if Andy is quitting Frost how about his involvement with IQ then? Jeez, do they have to look for a new drummer again?

Hell... Don't even say that! :shock:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Pedro

Should have let him play toms.... ;)

Well this is a great shame but a warm wave of it'll-be-alrightness flowed from your words, Jem, and the fact that he will still be involved is great news.

Naturally, the four of us here wish him the veru best. Very curious to know what's next for him and also who you might find to hit things for you....can anyone else do those faces??  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

LivingForever

Well there are some excellent drummers out there so I'm sure Jem will find someone different-but-good in a new way!

Tell you who really impressed me at Summer's End - the young lad who played with Magenta. Superb.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Jem

We're casting our net outside Planet Prog so no, it won't be "the guy from It Bites".  ;)

Or the young lad from Magenta, good though he is.

ich_bin_besser

Uh oh, George Roldan from Rosfest will be bummed... On his show yesterday, he was praising his drumming again.
All the best, Andy!
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

L33VEY

Sad - he's a tough act to follow   :cry:
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

gr8gonzo

My initial reaction was, "Craaaaap."

But, I've had time to absorb the news a bit, and now I feel confident in saying my initial reaction was correct.  However, I look forward to hearing what TBE's next project is - taking Acoustic Treat to the next level?  Becoming Spock's Beard's touring drummer?  Cast as the new Doctor?

Hate to see him go, as I think Frost* has been his best work to date, but as the saying goes, "Catch a butterfly, set it free.  If it comes back, it is yours.  If it doesn't come back, it was probably eaten alive by any number of amphibious species, digested whole and later deposited beside a tree somewhere.  Silly butterfly."

So, Jem says, "Next!"
I say, "Who?"
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

gr8gonzo

Andy Sturmer's available.  You wouldn't even have to learn a new name!
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

L33VEY

Is Phil Collins free these days?

:shock:
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Brom

See.. you take away a drummers toys, in this case his toms, and look what happens!  :roll:

Ah well roll on the new drummer!!!   :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Jem

Quote from: "L33VEY"Sad - he's a tough act to follow   :cry:

Only if you've not got double bass drum pedals.  :lol: