Main Menu

PENDULUM

Started by sawtooth, December 05, 2010, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

I had the pleasure of catching these lot when they played Nottingham Arena last night. Absolutely stunning high energy show. As a set, it was a little 'samey', and didn't have as much light and shade as the albums (everything was set on '11') but they certainly gave us a good show. Rob Swires was on good form on vocals and keys but the MC geezer was a bit of a mouthy arse and got in the way of the music for me. Still, well worth seeing if you get the chance and you can get along with the genre!

weezul

seen them 3 times, 4th is this Thursday at Metro Radio Arena!! Can't wait. I think they are brilliant!! A little sceptical to how much performance is actually happening though. The other vocals from guitarist and bassist are not live, if anything they are just triggering gates for the backing vocals because I've heard them sing on earlier tours and it's rough. Also, I've not once heard the electric bass on any live mixes of theirs, and even at times when live he's strumming away and there's no bass sound and there's no MIDI pick up on his bass either. The guitar is also mixed ridiculously quiet. I don't think Rob Swire has much faith in his bandmates haha! It's all drums synth and his auto tuned vocal. I can usually forget about that though and just dance my tits off which is nice.

gav

I'm going to see them tomorrow- should be a laugh! :D
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!