Main Menu

high voltage

Started by turbo, January 16, 2011, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Maybe it's a "showing committment" thing? If NDV dodges Cirque in favour of Spock's they might take that as a signal?  :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

Most employers have some way of accommodating requests for time off. I'd think Cirque would be no different. And I seriously doubt anyone would question Nick's commitment.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Most employers have some way of accommodating requests for time off. I'd think Cirque would be no different. And I seriously doubt anyone would question Nick's commitment.
You're right. I wasn't suggesting that NDV's committment should be questioned by anyone. I was really thinking more about how NDV might feel about it himself - how important he thinks it is to *show* committment and not to say to Cirque; "actually I'd rather go do that". Don't we all factor-in how we think others might perceive the decisions we make...it's a human nature thing.
I too would hope that Cirque have an under-study concept in place for unexpected down-time. I figured that if NDV wasn't at all concerned about the Cirque thing being at risk, we would not have seen a question mark over him being at HV.
Anyway, it's all idol speculation on my part. :)

MikeEvs

Maybe it's more of a case that Cirque pays the bills and while I'm sure Nick loves playing in SB sometimes you have to go where the money is

Mooncat

And to be fair, Cirque could argue both he and SB knew when he was contracted to work - it's Spocks that have booked the gig, it's not as if Cirque have extended their run.

Ultimately it's going to be gutting for Nick to have to miss a big gig for SB, but you can see why they still felt they had to take it - it could win them a legion of new fans for the next album/tour which in the long run will benefit all of them.
And if they do get Neal back as one of the 'friends' - what better way to have a 'reunion' gig without ousting Nick back behind the kit full time!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

gr8gonzo

To my knowledge, Cirque doesn't have any shows scheduled that far out. I'm sure if Cirque schedules a show on that date, Nick will, of course, fulfill his commitment to the show. All I was saying is that since no date is set at this point, Cirque could take that into account and arrange for HV to be an "off" day. Not in any way suggesting that Nick would try to get out of it to do an SB gig. Apologies if my comments came across that way.

E.S.

Quote from: "MikeEvs"Maybe it's more of a case that Cirque pays the bills and while I'm sure Nick loves playing in SB sometimes you have to go where the money is
That's the harsh reality of being a musician. You gotta eat too.

"All play and no work makes Nick a very broke boy."

Pedro

I think we're all on the same page.
We want Nick to eat! :)

Mooncat

Yeah - wasn't meant to be criticism, after all Nick is part of the Frost* alumni. It's just part of the harsh reality of modern day musicians - as we know with current Frost* line up- everyone has several things taking up time (Jem has they 'day job' stuff, JM has his studio and playing with lots of other artists, Nath has Level42 and occasionally It Bites, and Craig has his Roland stuff, his own solo stuff, other bands and teaching)

So whatever happens with the SB lineup for this gig, I'm sure it's just a good oportunity for them and I'd hope that the long term sees them back functioning as normal.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

Of course, the other aspect here is; don't expect stuff to stay the same for long, grab the good stuff when it's happening and make the most of it...before the next good stuff comes along! :D

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "Pedro"Of course, the other aspect here is; don't expect stuff to stay the same for long, grab the good stuff when it's happening and make the most of it...before the next good stuff comes along! :D

"the good don't last too long." - Spock's Beard

L33VEY

IQ Forum reporting a rumour on the Marillion Forum (don't you love it..  :roll: ) that both IQ and Frost* are being lined up for High Voltage.

IQ say it is exactly that - a rumour.  But are we getting closer?   :)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Mikey

Quote from: "L33VEY"IQ Forum reporting a rumour on the Marillion Forum
A rumour about a rumour.......... :?:
Jem????
I used to have a signature

JonnyH

Quote from: "L33VEY"IQ Forum reporting a rumour on the Marillion Forum (don't you love it..  :roll: ) that both IQ and Frost* are being lined up for High Voltage.

IQ say it is exactly that - a rumour.  But are we getting closer?   :)

I would love this - I got tickets based on Dream Theater alone, and thought Spock's was just icing on the cake.

This... This would be... Wow! (Though not holding my breath)

Mikey

:idea:  Methinks I need to start trying to slot this into the schedule
I used to have a signature