DREAM THEATER - BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS - Coming June

Started by NoMeNoYou, March 13, 2009, 03:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pajter

I'm listening to The Count of Tuscany right now. Very cool so far! :D

This is what I was hoping for.

edit: lol! they used the same bird samples in the end of the song, as in The Man With the 4.7

Pajter

They've officially kicked my ass on this album. The Shattered Fortress and The Count of Tuscany are awesome songs.

I'm not really into the rest, although A Nightmare To Remember has some good moments as well.

I have to say I'm pretty satisfied with the result. 2 out of 6, with the 2 being epics, is good enough for me. I'm mostly glad that they seem to have rediscovered how to play more interesting chord transitions/notes.

gr8gonzo

Cool.  Looking forward to it.  Also glad to see they're doing a vinyl release.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

MikeEvs

First cover from the bonus disc is available now a cover of Rainbow's - Stargazer

D S

I'm glad I ordered the 3CD version now!   :D

No clues as to the other tracks yet?
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Ecosse

| Chris |
Twitter

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Ecosse"I just wish I had the spare cash to get this:
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/9768358 ... oduct.html

8-)  8-)  8-)

I'm weak and resisted when it first was announced but caved in last night and ordered the deluxe collector edition box set

Ecosse

Quote from: "MikeEvs"
Quote from: "Ecosse"I just wish I had the spare cash to get this:
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/9768358 ... oduct.html

8-)  8-)  8-)

I'm weak and resisted when it first was announced but caved in last night and ordered the deluxe collector edition box set

I hate you now Mike! :lol:

I'm away to see if anyone wants to buy a half picked scottish liver....
| Chris |
Twitter

Geetar

Quote from: "Ecosse"I'm away to see if anyone wants to buy a half pickled scottish liver....

It'd look good in a jar on the bar, that would, alongside some eggs and a large gherkin.
This space for sale.

Drarok

So, my uncle lent me a copy of this. ¬_¬

Pretty good, darker in places, still has the now-signature guitar/keyboard back and forth shred sections. Can't wait for the proper release, but I'm so glad I'll actually know the songs they're playing when I see them and Frost* in June. :D

Ecosse

Yeah, got a hold of a copy yesterday, and it's actually a really good album.

Personal favourites so far are The Best Of Times & The Shattered Fortress. The Count of Tuscany is also superb.

ANTR and RoP are the weakest songs on the album for me.

Also hinting away to the fiancee last night and she was saying that if I REALLY did want the Collectors Edition, then to get it :D

Come on PayDay!
| Chris |
Twitter

Drarok

Come on release day more like!

The bitrate is really low on the copy I got, wonder if that's deliberate so people will go out and buy it, but can hear what they're in store for...

Pedro

Rite Of Passage is the first track on the cover disk with the 2nd issue of Prog magazine.
I quite like it as a track and I look forward to it played live but, to be brutally honest, it sounds a little lack-lustre sonically on the CD.
Is it just me or does it sound like it was mixed using some kind of pre-set template?

I should say that I've demonstrated that I don't know what I am taking about before....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Drarok

Leaks may not always be finished. Can't remember what band it was, but their album was leaked dead early, and some member(s?) went out and asked fans to "please not listen to it, because it's not finished" and they didn't want people to hear a half-done unmixed version and be all ":("

Pedro

Fair comment. I think I shall be buying my first ever DT CD....possibly at the gig!  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"