What's your bestest Frost* gig?

Started by Ash, June 19, 2010, 09:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherine

A tough question... can't really choose!

My very first time - Summers End 2008. Excellent. Blew my socks off!
The Christmas gig at The Peel - wonderful. Have never felt so much love in a room.
The CRS BOTY gig in Jan 2008 - brilliant.
The Esoteric Evening. Marvellous. Even if the tash did keep falling off towards the end due to the temperature and humidity.

Possibly the Christmas gig has the edge over the others... but it's a pretty close call.

Brom

Quote from: "L33VEY"Christmas at the Peel - - standing just behind Cosmic Lawnmower as JM picked him out for the encore -

Must have been standing right next to you mate - we will say 'HI' next time.  :D
2008 Xmas was also my fave*, although being hugged by Witchy and feeling the Frostie love during Hyperventilate at Islington was kinda special.  ;)

*Cosmic Lawnmower Sir, I have NOT forgotten I need to send you the vid of your performance plus stills - the trouble is that the periods when 'I have not forgotten' do not merge with the periods of when 'I can do something about it'. i.e. Like right now.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Pedro

Quote from: "Brom"Must have been standing right next to you mate - we will say 'HI' next time.  :D
Saying "hi" to the guy next to you at gigs is a sound strategy and to be encouraged, but the chances of it being L33VEY next time are remote. Forum shirts would solve this. ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Bert

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Brom"Must have been standing right next to you mate - we will say 'HI' next time.  :D
Saying "hi" to the guy next to you at gigs is a sound strategy and to be encouraged, but the chances of it being L33VEY next time are remote. Forum shirts would solve this. ;)

All for that, Pedders, although you will recall the strictly limited edition I Love Twang t-shirts. I believe they are suitably monickered. A good start ? :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Ben Y-S

I've only seen them at the Leeds gig with Dream Theater. I don't remember much of it (I never seem to remember much from gigs, but I guess I'd travelled up with my dad from the Midlands early in the morning, pithered about doing not very much at his workplace and was therefore pretty tired before the gig began, so that didn't help), only that Dear Dead Days sounded incredible, and I think Welcome To Nowhere was pretty excellent as well. I forget sound quality being terrible, but I'm sure the Christmas gig in Bilston'll make up for that, and I'll actually know all the songs this time. =P

Drarok

The sound wasn't bad at Leeds, but definitely too quiet. See you in Bilston? :)

L33VEY

Looks like 6 December in Derby is going to get my vote!
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Pedro

The Robin 2 Dec 5th....up until about 8pm on the next day....  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Inevitably it has to be the Xmas gig at The Peel, it was a great show anyway... but then out of the blue, I got to get up and sing with the guys how cool is that? Made for a great avatar pic too!!

I guess then it would be Summers End, then the Esoteric show.

I was at the DT show in Southampton, but our boys got stuffed somewhat on the sound front, which was such a shame. Still I did get a chance for a good natter with Dec while DT were on.

The Cosmic Lawnmower

Quote from: "Brom"*Cosmic Lawnmower Sir, I have NOT forgotten I need to send you the vid of your performance plus stills - the trouble is that the periods when 'I have not forgotten' do not merge with the periods of when 'I can do something about it'. i.e. Like right now.

No worries Sir, I can totally relate such memory challenges, in fact that senario seems strangely familiar around these parts too!!

monument

Only seen them in Southampton (my hometown) supporting DT. In fact hadn't even heard of them before it was announced they were supporting and on reading the name my reaction was something like: "Oh, Frost? Jeez, sounds like some dreadful deathcore band." and upon hearing them was "Sound like a bunch of 20-somethings having a massive laugh, I could like this."

Little did I know they were a touch more mature.  ;)

But anyway, I fell in love a bit and had a blast. Met all of DT beforehand whilst sitting outside and saw loads of people in Frost* t shirts (always wondered if I unknowingly saw any of the band...) and knew (and sang) every single word to their set, which I think very few people around me could do. Plus I'm sure at one point Dec pointed at me during BLM (my favorite song) and the sound quality was fine because I was in the second row. But loved every minute, a giant inflatable banana appearing during 'that moment' in BLM was great, and Jem introducing Dec as "In charge of housekeeping and weekend baking, Mrs Declan Burke."

Genius.

Fogeyspasm

Its a toss up between The Esoteric Evening with Tinyfish which was a corker, and very funny or Summers End.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

milliontown 2 city 0

Friday will be my first Frost gig - can't wait.

Stumbled across the guys when I was working in Holland - listening to the 'On The Rocks' podcast by Bobo. Heard BLM and as they say the rest is history! Ordered Milliontown from our local CD shop in the Hague and was completely blown away ...

Whatever happened to Bobo?

See you Friday ........

Simon B

CRS BOTY awards - one of my favourite gigs EVER! Went with my boy - so relaxed and friendly - and I couldn't drink 'cos I was driving! Highlight was Milliontown for me - even with the 'forgotten' piano part by Jem - 'You can't touch this' over the funky bass part made me giggle!

Leeds supporting DM - as previously reported poor sound (due to the soundcheck being 10 minutes before we were let in!) - the boys seemed a bit cramped at the front of the stage too.

Derby DVD shoot - I am not a time traveller. Watch this space.
Make mine a Crunchie biscuit!

L33VEY

Quote from: "L33VEY"On balance Christmas at the Peel, but I think that there's better to come!

After last night I'd still go with the above, but only just.....

Rock on Monday!
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age