The Craig Blundell Question Hour?

Started by RobRideout, January 13, 2012, 02:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunders73

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"Favourite Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game?

ahhh this is where I fall down in Cred street as I don't play online games, the only game I'm moderately fascinated by is Zelda, but in my household that makes me uber uncool...

Blunders73

Quote from: "johninblack"Any plans to combine pram and trellis?

Absolutely not, the phasing would be unbearable, each have such wonderful tonal qualities, I think its best we keep it that way...

Blunders73

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"Marmite, or Twiglets?

Twiglets for the win...

Blunders73

Quote from: "D S"Dry bar or wet bar?

It depends who's hosing the partay

At mitchell's, its normally dry.....

Blunders73

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Cantaloupe or catafalque?

It has to be catafalque. Anything that supported abraham lincoln is good in my book

Blunders73

Quote from: "E.S."4/4 or 2/4?

I can't bear either....

Blunders73

Quote from: "fitzy"Freebird or Stairway to..... ;)

Stairway for the win, Bonham on Fire

Blunders73

Quote from: "catherine"Haemorrhoids or adenoids?

Absolutely Haemorrhoids...Always such fun buying the creme and seeing embarassment on the face of Dave 22, Tesco's Pharmacy

Pedro

Fascinating insights. Thanks for that so far...I'm sure there will be more soon...
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

Mouse

Hi, Craig. Mouse here. First time caller, long time listener. I was wondering just how many mics you don't use to get that 1960s Keith Moon drum sound and how far left or right do you pan it to give it that vintage lack of quality?

I realise that's two questions disguised as one, please forgive my eagerness.

Fogeyspasm

And how many socks over the mics for that muffled effect?
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Pedro

There do not appear to be any YouTube videos of you playing spoons....why is that? Is it because Premier and Roland don't make them?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JimD

Imagine an e-Spoon!  How cool would that be?  You could probably go from ladle to tablespoon to teaspoon with just one piece of e-cutlery, and stir things without them getting wet! {edit - I feel I should explain that I was imagining what kind of spoons Roland might make}

Anyway, back on track - when gigging/recording/working do you transport your drumkits yourself, or are the kits transported by some other means?  I have made quite a mess of my poor old C1 transporting my fridge-sized bass rig around, but that's my only wheels, so needs must.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Blunders73

Quote from: "Mouse"Hi, Craig. Mouse here. First time caller, long time listener. I was wondering just how many mics you don't use to get that 1960s Keith Moon drum sound and how far left or right do you pan it to give it that vintage lack of quality?

I realise that's two questions disguised as one, please forgive my eagerness.

Hi Mouse, thanks for tuning in and obviously for your questions

I like to use 1 mic for that authentic 60's sound, I normally set my kit up in my garage and close mic it from next door's greenhouse to give that slightly "distant" ambient effect.

Regarding panning, I always like to put all the kit hard left and drop all the bottom end and mids. I always find with this effect it keeps the passenger footwell warm as the heater is out on my B Reg Ford Sierra GL

I hope that helps?