Main Menu

CD BOOKLET

Started by esquerdinhas, November 14, 2008, 11:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James_S

Quote from: "Tommieeee"
Quote from: "James_S"
Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Is the Morse Code backward?

I've not spotted the morse yet...

What!? Is Neal Morse on this album? :mrgreen:

No, Inspector Morse - its all set in Oxford!
So many keyboards, so little time!

Pedro

I've tried to decode this a couple of times but I can't get it to make sense backwards or forwards. I'm beginning to think it is just a very nice pattern. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

James_S

Quote from: "Pedro"I've tried to decode this a couple of times but I can't get it to make sense backwards or forwards. I'm beginning to think it is just a very nice pattern. :)

Keep at it - we are counting on you :D
So many keyboards, so little time!

Drarok

There's almost definitely words in the really quiet, distorted bit before secret song, but I can't work it out! :( :( :( :(

kyuwert

Quote from: "Jem"The lyrics and the credits will be going up on the site in the next few days.

So................ where are they?  :D

LivingForever

Quote from: "vkamicht"
Quote from: "Jem"The lyrics and the credits will be going up on the site in the next few days.

So................ where are they?  :D

I was wondering that... I'm so bored being off work sick that I have nearly started trying to transcribe them myself, but then it would probably yield results rather like my signature so I'll probably leave it.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Dodie

Got my copy (pre-ordered from CRS, too, so the system really will work eventually! Cool...)

Flicked through the booklet, and loved the photos - but showed my lad who's just turned 15 and is a huge Frostie*. I said there were no credits or lyrics, but just pictures with stuff in, and he said:

"Oh cool, I love it when bands do that"

So there you go. I wasn't bothered either way, but the hip and with-it generation who are actually bothered about what's cool are giving Jem's decision about the booklet a big thumbs-up!

Me and the kid are also chuffed to have tickets for the BOTY gig in January - we've not been to a CRS gig before, so are a bit anxious in case we are less nerdy / more nerdy / equally nerdy compared to the regulars!

Cheers

David

leelustig

Ya know... I actually like not knowing the lyrics to albums...
It's more fun that way. Then you get to figure them out later and you're shocked!
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

vocalnick

I've been wanting to comment on this for a while now, but only got activated for the forum today.

I can completely empathise with the cover scenario - both the desire to do something different, and having to bear the consequences of having people who don't buy in to your vision.

Anyone who grabbed one of the first run of T3E CDs will be aware that we tried something out of the ordinary on the booklet. It's translucent plastic, with the lyrics printed on it in little near-illegible strips of dark ink which combine to create the big letters "T3E" on the front. It was dreamed up by our drummer (who is an art director by day). The general idea was that it was a metaphor for the way we wrote the songs and put the album together. It has this overall form to it on first glance, but if you look closer you can discern details and things that weren't immediately obvious. The cover art, like the music (we hope!) rewards closer scrutiny.

We had one particular guy (on the internet, naturally) who loved the music, even applauded the notion of "something different" for the artwork, but his overall stance was "I'm a graphic designer by trade, and I'm telling you as fact that it was a failed experiment. The idea of graphic design is to please the eye and convey information clearly, and this doesn't do that".

He was sort of right... Knotty (the aforementioned drummer/art director) knows that as well, as evidenced by his quite successful daytime career producing advertisements, annual reports and all manner of other mundane yet eye-pleasing documents. The thing is, this wasn't his day job, he didn't have a corporate client to please with a non-controversial, middle of the road result, and none of us really gave a toss about "effectively conveying information". It wasn't graphic design so much as it was art. And yes that a bit highfalutin and pretentious perhaps... but I'm cool with that :)

Ahh, see now I've got to the end and realised I had no point...
words that look like sound effects: twit, blog

gr8gonzo

On the contrary.  The point is you went for art over convention and some out there "got it" and others didn't.  Trying something different is always preferable to conformity, lest ye risk being unremarkable.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mikey

Quote from: "Dodie"Me and the kid are also chuffed to have tickets for the BOTY gig in January - we've not been to a CRS gig before, so are a bit anxious in case we are less nerdy / more nerdy / equally nerdy compared to the regulars!
Don't worry, there'll be plenty of us nerds there  :D
I used to have a signature