Little Big PlanetFrost* (2nd test video added)

Started by Pedro, November 09, 2008, 09:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8gonzo

Love it.  Excellent work, Pedders.  :mrgreen:
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

leelustig

that is so awesome!
However I'd rather see a snowy background than a desert. I assume though that you thought of that and this was all you could work with..
This game looks absolutely awesome. I wish it was on 360 though, I just cannot buy a PS3...
I've seen paupers as kings,
puppets on strings
dance for the children who stare
you must have seen them everywhere

Narek

That was brilliant Pedro!

And I also love how you changed the Hyperventilate theme into 4/4, silly game doesn't know prog!
I wont be the good for nothing.

J Jonah Jameson

Good lord.  There we go, video sorted!

Nice one Ped!

JJJ

Pedro

LOL

I have sooo many ideas re the musical content of some "puzzles" I could do - even with just the bits I have collected so far in the game.

The timing of the Hyper-V bit could indeed do with a little more adjustment but it is completely free-form (no 4/4 constraint in the game). The notes you hear are individually triggered as the sack-boy runs past the the white "speaker" objects, so a pixel or two left and right and the timing changes. Put him in a car and the tempo goes up.  ;)
Other sounds collected so far include a sine-wave tone, bass and drum samples. The potential is quite large. For example, another layer of speaker objects on top of the ones above and there would be drums in the riff.... ;)

I just don't expect to be able to load actual music into it (mp3s or whatever) because uploading these to the world at large would open the can on copyright issues (and foul-mouth idiots, etc.).  

As for the background, with more time I could have manually "Frost*ed" the background of a winter scene but I chose one of the quick and easy ready-made "template" backgrounds. The thing is, I haven't played the one-player game far enough to collect the snow/winter template....yet.  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Pedro"The notes you hear are individually triggered as the sack-boy runs past the the white "speaker" objects, so a pixel or two left and right and the timing changes. Put him in a car and the tempo goes up.  ;)
Ooh! Fun!!!
So it'll play backwards if you run back the other way.... this could have been useful to Jem recently!
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "Pedro"The notes you hear are individually triggered as the sack-boy runs past the the white "speaker" objects, so a pixel or two left and right and the timing changes. Put him in a car and the tempo goes up.  ;)
Ooh! Fun!!!
So it'll play backwards if you run back the other way.... this could have been useful to Jem recently!
LOL
Yes, run back the other way and the tune is played in reverse order (not backwards samples of course).
They can also be triggered by a switch object, so I could have attached a switch object to, say, an Indiana Jones style ball and rolled that past to acheive the same effect....or attach it to a rocket powered car for really widdly passages!  :D
I'm not kidding, the only signiifcant limitations are imagination and patience. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

AnsOnkruid

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

leelustig

Quote from: "Pedro"LOL
The thing is, I haven't played the one-player game far enough to collect the snow/winter template....yet.  ;)
Ah, that's the answer I was looking for  :lol:
puppets on strings

Ash

That was fantastic!  I really want a PS3 now... !!
Ash
xxx

Brom

Oh, just seen this, very well done Pedro! Not that I'm familiar with the territory... however the younger members here have enlightened me.

:D Brilliant!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

gr8gonzo

Everyone let Pedro get back to playing so he can collect more stuff!  :D

leelustig

Quote from: "Sarah"That was fantastic!  I really want a PS3 now... !!
Seeing a frost level made you want to spend $300  :lol:
thats awesome.
Frost could sell a PS3.
puppets on strings

gr8gonzo

Maybe Sony will sponsor the tour.

MS Paragon GT

After seeing the possibilities of a game like this (i.e. Frost* the Game), i regret being a Wii owner.

I've been looking at buying a PS3 as they have the more long-term game play. I love my Wii but i get bored with the games over time.

You gotta upload more when you get a chance

-Art
"Life is never like a cup of tea and a sit down, it\'s always \'SH*T, Drop the tea, RUN!\'"
                                                                                        -Jem Godfrey