Main Menu

RoSfest reviews

Started by ich_bin_besser, May 03, 2009, 12:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB

Great to see the guys having so much fun up there - looked a blast.  Great videos from the crowd too - thanks for those.

Nick looked really comfortable which must have been entailed a great deal of hard work to learn that set.

Great stuff all round.

JB

LivingForever

Shit. They just turned into a fantastic and tight band on the one gig I couldn't possibly make it to.

Any chance of getting NDV to join permanently?  :shock:
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

catherine

Quote from: "LivingForever"Shit. They just turned into a fantastic and tight band on the one gig I couldn't possibly make it to.

What do you mean, "just turned into"? I'd take issue with that - they've been fantastic and tight for a good while now! (That'll be £50 please Jem.)

Pedro

Hold on there, bald eagle....
I've seen them both fantastic and tight several times....sometimes within hours of each other.... ;)
To be fair it was possibly more to do with level of rehearsal and the scale of event than just the presence of NDV....but I'd love to have seen it too! :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

Oi! Pedders! Who're you calling bald?

sawtooth

Quote from: "catherine"Oi! Pedders! Who're you calling bald?

I dunno either Catherine - but I'll take the bullet if you want. I've been pulling my hair out (what's left of it) with frustration and envy after seeing and reading the last few pages! Really chuffed to see the lads do so well at RoSfest. Hope some of the new additions to the setlist make it to the Dream Theater gigs.

Pedro

LOL
I was (clearly?) referring to LFE's apparent assertion that things were somehow "sloppy" before. I did get warned about the interleaved post but I figured what the heck.
It was an obscure reference to the adverts that used accompany "Texan" bars but that's me on a sweetie nostalgia kick again!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs

I see a few more videos have been added:

Saline

Snowman

EIMA

catherine

LivingForever

To be fair, obviously I had an amazing time at both Summer's End and The Peel, and they were great gigs.

But, even from some crumnmy youtube vids, that did look like that was on another level, and I don't just mean Nick, far from it - it's obvious they'd rehearsed enough to do the music justice! I really hope they get a chance to do a headline tour some time so they can keep this momentum going!
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

tomskerous

I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Mirror

I'm glad someone got to show Snowman 3.0, I was having a wicked hard time trying to explain how Jem managed to clone himself lol^^
THUNDERFROG! [size=50]tiny frog[/size]....thunder billows from your head!

JohnB

Quote from: "tomskerous"Snowman3.0 - wow!

Wow indeed.  I had no idea the Amazon Kindle was that versatile...  ;)

JB

gr8gonzo

I was reluctant to spoil the surprise of the Tenori-On.  Killer job that, Sir Godfrey.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Big Black Shed

Saline. It always brings on saline.

Stunning.

Nuff said.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.