Les Paul passes away...

Started by Cptncanary, August 13, 2009, 10:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cptncanary

RWA

A great loss all right.... but come on people, he was 94. That's a blessed and respectable age me thinks....  :|

Mouse

I think the Music world owes a great deal to him for what he created. A true master of his craft, and I thank him for it.

One of my tutors was going to see him do one of his gigs this Summer. I wonder what happened with that.

ChrisX

I hope that the BBC changes their programme for tonight and cuts the Manchester documentary in favour of a re-airing of the most excellent Chasing Sound documentairy they broadcasted last year. That one really opened up my eyes / ears to the influence of Les Paul on all modern music.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

SerFox

Quote from: "ChrisX"I hope that the BBC changes their programme for tonight and cuts the Manchester documentary in favour of a re-airing of the most excellent Chasing Sound documentairy they broadcasted last year. That one really opened up my eyes / ears to the influence of Les Paul on all modern music.

I remember that, that was grand. I want to see it again.

In almost shameful irony, this is what I'm performing with here in Edinburgh busking the Festival Fringe:

Jem

Thanks LP. You and Bob Moog were/are the dons. And Leo F of course.

Sleep well captain.  :cry:

H3WMW

RWA

Quote from: "Jem"Thanks LP. You and Bob Moog were/are the dons. And Leo F of course.

Sleep well captain.  :cry:
They can start a band now, can't they?!  :shock:
Keith Moon can take the drum seat. MJ can sing and perform his moonwalk.......

Geetar

My tribute to him largely involved owning lots (and lots and lots....) of guitars with his name on.

Bless him, and all who sail with him.
This space for sale.