Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM - The Peel, Kingston. 16th Dec

Started by JakeWorrell, August 12, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

Agreed, we don't want it to become hassle before it's even happened. Wasn't aware of the associated costs either (a studio local to me does webcast of gigs and the like but don't charge anything like that sort of £££).

Ultimately it was partly selfish as I shall be unable to attend due to me being made redundant that week and with no job on the horizon I can't commit to the ticket, travel and accomodation costs that close to Xmas :cry:

Still, just have to hope it isn't the final installment ever.................................... ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

That's sad news Mooncat, hope you get stuff sorted out.
As for all this 'last chance' talk, let's just take a breath and let stuff happen. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "Pedro"As for all this 'last chance' talk, let's just take a breath and let stuff happen. :)

Absolutely, I wish I hadn't said it now. We're lucky to get this gig in December. I think i need to go and have a lie down somewhere :P
"The longer the note, the more dread."

rogerg

somebody on Google+ could just throw a laptop on the bar, point it to the stage, and open up a Hangout.

:D

seriously, all cool ideas, but no pressure from this end!  8-)

Mikey

Quote from: "Mooncat"I can't commit to the ticket, travel

Mooncat, what neck of the woods are you in?
I used to have a signature

Mooncat

Mikey

North, South, East or West Midlands?
suppose I should have PM'd

Mooncat

Pedro

Quote from: "rogerg"somebody on Google+ could just throw a laptop on the bar, point it to the stage, and open up a Hangout.
fnarr...the words "laptop" and "hangout" in a thread about The Peel... ;)

rogerg

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "rogerg"somebody on Google+ could just throw a laptop on the bar, point it to the stage, and open up a Hangout.
fnarr...the words "laptop" and "hangout" in a thread about The Peel... ;)

heh

Mikey

Right troops, I'll buy the ticket if anyone near Sourbridge can give Mooncat a lift to the Peel?

Hurry up, tickets are going very fast

I'll be in the lakes, (in more ways than one, knowing Captain Pugwash) so won't be around over the weekend

Mooncat

Hey Mikey.
Very humbled by your generous offer - That's why I love this place soooo much, just full of top people :D  :D  :D

Alas, having mentioned the prospect of going to 'er indoors I still got the nth degree over it being close to Christmas and I'd feel really guilty if I did go.

But really, genuine thanks. I hope we can meet up at some future juncture and I'll get you a beer for the thought. 8-)  8-)

Brom

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"I can't help thinking that we ought to use the time between now and then to come up with a serious plan for overcoming "The Unknown Frost*ie" phenomenon at the Christmas gig...
Thoughts, people?
Easy, ask Jem to take the register..."Blundell?"..."Here sir"...

As there are so many of us going would not it be easier for Jem to ask... "If anyone is not here could they put their hand up??"
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Pedro

Well every good AGM agenda starts with "Apologies". :)

E.S.

I'm seriously considering a trip, but it all depends on economy. I can fly cheap-ish, but I also need the ticket and a place to stay. And of course, learn to navigate a city 10 million times bigger than mine.

So yeah, there's planning involved, but the tickets are selling fast, I hear.  :cry: