Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM - The Peel, Kingston. 16th Dec

Started by JakeWorrell, August 12, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: "Mikey"I'll be in the lakes, (in more ways than one, knowing Captain Pugwash) so won't be around over the weekend

Captain Pugwash turned up with Horatio Nelson and we were 3rd in class...................... and only ran aground once  :lol:
I used to have a signature

Drarok

Oh, bother. I appear to have had a spending accident. Tickets booked (albeit with no confirmation via email or anything), and a room booked at the Travelodge down the road.

L33VEY

Quote from: "MikeO"ello - Ashford, Kent, so need to get back to Charing Cross before midnight otherwise I turn into a pumpkin.

If it's looking dicey then the Frost*mobile can take a small diversion
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Pedro

Quote from: "L33VEY"
Quote from: "MikeO"ello - Ashford, Kent, so need to get back to Charing Cross before midnight otherwise I turn into a pumpkin.

If it's looking dicey then the Frost*mobile can take a small diversion
Diced pumpkin? :shock:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Thanks to the aforementioned M.O.U.S.E, I eventually got through to Twang whilst standing in the pouring rain in a queue for a "walk-in drier" at Legoland Windsor (it was raining so much that the queues for the driers were longer than the queues for the rides).

It took a few attempts to be heard over the background noise of torrential rain, hot-air blowers and screaming kids, but I'm pretty sure he said the card transaction worked and the ticket will be waiting for me at the door....

Now to decide if i'll be staying one night or making a weekend of it, and book appropriate accomodation.
* May contain nuts.

JakeWorrell

"The longer the note, the more dread."

E.S.

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "E.S."I'm seriously considering a trip, but it all depends on economy. I can fly cheap-ish, but I also need the ticket and a place to stay. And of course, learn to navigate a city 10 million times bigger than mine.

So yeah, there's planning involved, but the tickets are selling fast, I hear.  :cry:
Same deal as Mooncat. You get there, i'll buy you a ticket, or Mooncat will give you the ticket he can't use
Whoa, wow! You sir, are a class act.  :D
I still have to figure out if it works, and if it does, I'll buy you quite a few pints for such an excellent service.

The only trouble is economic planning before christmas, and it's in my gigging season, that's my dayjob. I will definitely try to make it work.  :mrgreen:

D S

House of Progression email from earlier this afternoon said there are only 10 tickets left...  :?  Don't hang about if you want to go and haven't got one yet!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Quote from: "E.S."Whoa, wow! You sir, are a class act.  :D

Nay, We had some fun with Oslo, you deserve one.
I used to have a signature

MikeO

Quote from: "L33VEY"If it's looking dicey then the Frost*mobile can take a small diversion

Very Kind of you.!
Its like Christmas and meeting an old friend and going down the pub and getting a bag of cash. HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!

sawtooth

I've just got back from a long weekend in Devon, and happy to say I've got my tickets ordered. I'm so chuffed this is happening!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Mouse

There have been a few thoughts from Frost*ies over on the Tinyfish forum about where to have a pre-gig meet/greet/drink, and the idea was that The Peel would be a good place to do so. They have all the usual stuff available in a bar seperate from the gig area (the bar does extend to through to the venue too, for those who like to booze and bop during the gig). Twang may have to prepare for extreme real ale consumption! What do we all think, would that be a good idea?

Mouse

Quote from: "Paul"Fogey, I remember chatting to you at the Esoteric gig at the Peel . . . . . . .  you said you had driven all the way down and were driving straight back after the gig! I remember thinking this guys either totally mad or extremely dedicated.

Sorry I'm late to this, but that is fookin' genius!  :lol:  :lol:

keith

Very excited about this gig: I'd assumed I'd lost the chance to see these guys live, thank goodness for the reprieve! There is now one less ticket available; the chap I spoke to confirmed it's all but sold out now.

I pray that this year there will be no evil snow!

Cheerio,

Keith.
Who is this Hans, and why might he fail?