Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM - The Peel, Kingston. 16th Dec

Started by JakeWorrell, August 12, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wickedwitch

Travelodge room booked for me and daughter the first. yay!

Pedro

Quote from: "Fogeyspasm"Got my tickets, just waiting for the Dec one to arrive. 8-)
....but the Frost* gig is in December....  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

turbo

got my tickets today already booked into travelodge so im good to go wa hey  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

RacingHippo

Quote from: "wickedwitch"Travelodge room booked for me and daughter the first. yay!
Oh, SO glad you got some!

That reminds me. I should book the Travelodge....
* May contain nuts.

Drarok

Are we all heading to the same Travelodge?

I'm booked in at Kingston Upon Thames Central.

(Seems the Travelodge website is having some issues today, can't search for a hotel on the site)

Pedro

I'll have to check which one we have for that night. We are at The Peel for Dec Burke, Magenta and Frost* and staying at a different Travelodge each time!
Stayed at the Kingston Central one before, quite nice. We parked in the car park opposite it but nearly messed up cos we didn''t realise that the below-ground levels got locked at a certain time (can't remember what time that was). If you're parking there read the signs properly (or ask).
We usually stay at the Travelodges "Chessington Tollworth" or "Sunbury M3", both of which mean you have to drive to The Peel but they tend to be cheaper to book than the Central one (e.g. £30 versus £60).

JakeWorrell

Just wanted to add that I am still incredibly excited about this.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Mouse

You and me both, mate.  :D

Quote from: "wickedwitch"Travelodge room booked for me and daughter the first. yay!

Hooray! Hi, Witchy!

Drarok

Quote from: "Pedro"We usually stay at the Travelodges "Chessington Tollworth" or "Sunbury M3", both of which mean you have to drive to The Peel but they tend to be cheaper to book than the Central one (e.g. £30 versus £60).
I can't possibly drive to the peel with the amount of tasty alcohol I'm informed they have! ;)

Pedro

Quote from: "Drarok"
Quote from: "Pedro"We usually stay at the Travelodges "Chessington Tollworth" or "Sunbury M3", both of which mean you have to drive to The Peel but they tend to be cheaper to book than the Central one (e.g. £30 versus £60).
I can't possibly drive to the peel with the amount of tasty alcohol I'm informed they have! ;)
I'm sure you don't need a pedant like me to point out that it's not the "driving to" that is the issue!
Fair point though. I guess it depends on how much you value the ability to partake of the foaming ale versus expenditure. I find I get intoxicated enough from the music and wonderous people at these events.  :)

turbo

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Drarok"
I'm sure you don't need a pedant like me to point out that it's not the "driving to" that is the issue!
Fair point though. I guess it depends on how much you value the ability to partake of the foaming ale versus expenditure. I find I get intoxicated enough from the music and wonderous people at these events.  :)

Intoxication mmmmmm.
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Againesis

Good news: Mine just arrived in the post.  :D

Bad News: along with a flyer stating that the Frost gig was "Sold Out".  :roll:

Good News:  I've got a spare if anyone missed out.  But...just the one I'm afraid.  :D
There are only 10 types of people]

JakeWorrell

I'm not surprised they have sold out, everyone seems to have bought themselves some 'spares'  :D
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

LOL I was tempted to pick up a spare or two in order to create a kind of "allocation" for forum members. However, realising that my total spend from that phone call was already £160 I decided against! :)

Mikey

Quote from: "Againesis"Good news: Mine just arrived in the post.  :D

Bad News: along with a flyer stating that the Frost gig was "Sold Out".  :roll:

Good News:  I've got a spare if anyone missed out.  But...just the one I'm afraid.  :D

Good news for me too....what have I got in my hand?
I got the sold out flyer as well.
I have spares  :D
I used to have a signature