Whats for dinner?

Started by EVP, December 08, 2008, 11:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVP

Tonight the main course is Italian Wedding soup proceeded by home made spinach dip
served with Triscuit wafers and veggies.

Ah yes nothing like a nice hot bowl of soup on a cold winter night.

rogerg

gr8gonzo

I had Lipton Extra Noodle soup for lunch and it occurred to me that Lipton may well have been the originators of blogs.  It's just a powder nowadays, but when I was a kid, Lipton soups had a flavor brick in the envelope that boiled away and magically became chicken broth.  I always referred to it as a 'log,' and actually found it rather annoying because you used to have to break it up with a spoon or something or you'd have unappetizing clumps in a bowl of cloudy water when you were done (whoa - college flashback).

Anyway, this broth log, or 'blog,' if you will, has since been modified to ensure evenly distributed brothiness and I've only recently rediscovered its yumminess, having been on a Progresso Chickarina kick for the past decade.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

check out the msg content in that stuff...

EVP

Yes MSG  = bad

Thankfully the soup I had is free of it.

rogerg

Quote from: "EVP"Yes MSG  = bad

Thankfully the soup I had is free of it.

good thing.  my gf has a pretty severe reaction to msg, and has to be very careful.

gr8gonzo

I checked and I found no remnants of the Michael Schenker Group.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Gandalf1986

I had some carbonara and a steak for dinner yesterday... yum yum! :D
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

LivingForever

Quote from: "Gandalf1986"I had some carbonara and a steak for dinner yesterday... yum yum! :D

Pasta, and steak?! You crazy Italians...  ;)
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "LivingForever"
Quote from: "Gandalf1986"I had some carbonara and a steak for dinner yesterday... yum yum! :D

Pasta, and steak?! You crazy Italians...  ;)

Remember that carbonara has bacon in it... :lol: and keep in mind that I love to eat! So it makes my meals very very crazy! :D
You talk
You think you own me
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Brom

Slow cooked lamb in red wine last night. The leftovers I have just had warmed up for my lunch.  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

LivingForever

I would never argue with an Italian about food - you guys have the best food in the world. And the best wine. And the best countryside. And the best historical remains. And easily the best women.

In case you couldn't tell, I quite like Italy.
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Tricky

Quote from: "LivingForever"I would never argue with an Italian about food - you guys have the best food in the world. And the best wine. And the best countryside. And the best historical remains. And easily the best women.

I'd tend to agree with you, but it's a good thing there aren't any French folk posting here.
 :roll:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Nellie

Quote from: "LivingForever"I would never argue with an Italian about food - you guys have the best food in the world. And the best wine. And the best countryside. And the best historical remains. And easily the best women.

oh dear, I would lay low for a while after that last bit about women! :)
It's in the post!

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "Tricky"

I'd tend to agree with you, but it's a good thing there aren't any French folk posting here.
 :roll:

:lol: They could have something to say about us...
You talk
You think you own me
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]