VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM HOUSE OF PROGRESSION!

Started by Twang, March 09, 2009, 01:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twang

Hi all,

It has come to my notice that tickets for certain shows of ours are appearing on various auction sites, for stupid money. Please DO NOT buy these. Please come to us directly. I'm damned if people are going to be ripped off! It goes against our ethic of providing top quality shows at the best price. Steps have been taken to stop this taking place.

Tickets for House of Progression shows are only available from us at the venue or in some cases the artists. We ask you to use these only. If in doubt phone me on 020 8546 3516.

Cheers,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SerFox

See the issue here is a lot of those tickets on eBay or whatever are your legit tickets that people have bought up and are reselling for profit, why this hasn't been made illegal and brutally enforced is beyond me...

Ash

Does this mean there are some sell out gigs?  I have upcoming gigs that I MUST go to!!

(Some people could be selling the tickets for genuine reasons.  I have sold tickets on ebay when I couldn't go or my friends and I have both bought them and we had duplicates - though not for the Peel.)
Ash
xxx

Bert

Quote from: "SerFox"See the issue here is a lot of those tickets on eBay or whatever are your legit tickets that people have bought up and are reselling for profit, why this hasn't been made illegal and brutally enforced is beyond me...

Mmmm... another view might be that, once someone has purchased something (excepting copyrighted items, of course) and thus owns it, they ought to have the right, in a free market economy blah blah blah, to then dispose of it as they see fit. If there wasn't a market/demand, then the tickets wouldn't be sold on.

I've never been entirely clear who the victim of reselling tickets is. The artist and the venue have got their money as the ticket has already been bought. The purchaser has presumably got something that they want at a price they're happy to pay.

But then, I am feeling a bit grumpy about stuff, so I'm probably incorrect and therefore apologise unreservedly and in advance  :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Nellie

It's in the post!

Ash

Ash
xxx

Bert

Quote from: "Sarah"I agree Bert (but then I'm grumpy too)

Quote from: "Nellie"Cheer up Bertie!

Cheers both of you  :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

johninblack

Quote from: "Bert"
Quote from: "Sarah"I agree Bert (but then I'm grumpy too)

Quote from: "Nellie"Cheer up Bertie!

Cheers both of you  :D
I'm extra grumpy today and I'm with Bert and Pedro. Perhaps venues should offer to buy back unwanted tickets for sell outs at face value, sell it again, one ticket, 2 booking fees. Obviously won't stop those that deliberately buy to sell on for a profit (Bastards) but might help some people out??
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

SerFox

See it's quite easy to enforce that as well. See which account YOU would take to court:

BertieJ2008

MUSE O2 LONDON 12/3/09 - Ticket - CAN'T GO TO GIG MUST SELL SOON - £15.99

Small Table Lamp                                                                                        - £5.00

TicketBuyDotCom

FLEET FOXES MANC 14/4/09                                                                        - £40.00

FLEET FOXES MANC 14/4/09                                                                        - £40.00

DISTURBED SECC 24/5/09                                                                            - £60.00

DISTURBED SECC 24/5/09                                                                            - £60.00

You get the picture. I've seen it, too.

FantomG

If you cant make the gig, because some thing has happened personally, that that should be fine...saves trying to support ticket touts...

I must admit I lean further to Bert's thoughts and like JiB's idea of a set 'buy back' policy ...and it is frustrating when the 'multi buyers who have no intention of going' get shed loads of tickets first...so maybe limitations by sellers is also a key part to control.

Although some can be a bit strict, as in the ROABP club that supports Porcupine Tree, members are only allowed 2 tickets, have to buy a minimum of 2, and the member has to be one of them and prove identity at the venue to be allowed in.....assured great seats / advanced let in if standing 'yes', but tickets are at a premium above ticket value......await to assess full value of this 'service' when I find out about actual alloted Hammo gig seats.

Pedro

Quote from: "FantomG"....and the member has to be one of them and prove identity at the venue to be allowed in....
Hmm....seems a little exclusive these days.... :)  :twisted:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Brom

On a similar theme, I bought tickets on the Southampton Guildhall site for Frost* supported by DT. Much later, via a link from the DT official site I landed on a ticket agent selling the same. What got me was the message saying "This gig is strictly for over 14's", I checked my tickets and the Soton GHall site, not a mention.

However yesterday I was looking at tickets for Porcupine Tree at Hammersmith, and there again was the same over 14's notice. I think I was on the same ticket site as before, but I have not checked.

I'm puzzled!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mick

Ash

Just back from a cracking night at The Peel.  Did not know anything about Seasons End apart from breasts and I can see why that is the main comment from gentlemenfolk  ;)

If you like your prog on the heavier side I would totally recommend them.  Loving the hair and synchronised head banging of all band members.  What a lot of hair!  The vocals were wonderful and cannot say I don't like female vocals anymore cos all the bands I like these days seem to be with female vocals  :D   Quite taken with Seasons End and bought the CD.

Haken were erm - different  :!:   I have not quite made up my mind about them but have got a copy of their free CD to make further judgment.  Any band that combines death metal with jazz and The Simpsons theme tune are if nothing else, interesting.  There is no doubt they are talented, especially the keyboard player (Diego?) but I sometimes felt the time changes were a bit awkward.  Definitely a band I will see again tho.

Great to see and chat to Twang and JamesA.
Ash
xxx

johninblack

Quote from: "Sarah"Just back from a cracking night at The Peel.  Did not know anything about Seasons End apart from breasts and I can see why that is the main comment from gentlemenfolk  ;)

If you like your prog on the heavier side I would totally recommend them.  Loving the hair and synchronised head banging of all band members.  What a lot of hair!  The vocals were wonderful and cannot say I don't like female vocals anymore cos all the bands I like these days seem to be with female vocals  :D   Quite taken with Seasons End and bought the CD.

They were bloody fantastic at Summers End last year. Yes, sure some guys were only really interested in the visual aspects of the show but for those that bothered to look past that got a real sonic treat too. Good songs, well performed. We (Me, MrsJib & Sammi) enjoyed them very much. Shame I couldn't have made it down last night.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"