Pictures of IQ at De Boerderij, December 7 2012

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 09, 2012, 02:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Winding myself up for next weekend, I went to see IQ play their first Christmas gig at De Boerderij in Zoetermeer last night, and most excellent it was too. I'm very much a latercomer to IQ for reasons which I don't fully understand, so only know the Frequency album well; correspondingly, the highlights of the night for me were Stronger Than Friction, Ryker Skies (fantastic), and Frequency itself. That said, the rest was very good and the Dutch audience were certainly very much into it.

Anyway, again for those who were there or are just generally interested, I've uploaded a selection of my photos to my flickr account at:

//http://www.flickr.com/photos/markmccaughrean/sets/72157632203275834/

(p.s. Bizarrely, De Boerderij seems to have recently instigated a photo policy of some kind that no-one seems to fully understand, whether it be the various photographers there or the Boerderij staff themselves. After being told I couldn't use my "professional camera" by one bouncer, another crew member came by and said that it was fine. Ho hum; I hope the Scala folks are more accommodating next week ...)

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Thanks, gents; much appreciated.

That said, my brother wrote to me from Japan today re: my photos, saying "Middle-aged man taking pictures of middle-aged men with beards ... hmmm".

To which my response was "Better and safer that than a middle-aged man taking pictures of pretty young things on the street or at the beach, surely"  ;)

Mouse

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"That said, my brother wrote to me from Japan today re: my photos, saying "Middle-aged man taking pictures of middle-aged men with beards ... hmmm".

To which my response was "Better and safer that than a middle-aged man taking pictures of pretty young things on the street or at the beach, surely"  ;)

That's what the telephoto lens was invented for...

*ahem* Er, yes, excellent photos once again, TA.  8-)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"That said, my brother wrote to me from Japan today re: my photos, saying "Middle-aged man taking pictures of middle-aged men with beards ... hmmm".

That's what the telephoto lens was invented for...

*ahem* Er, yes, excellent photos once again, TA.  8-)

You're a young man, Mouse; you could get away with the proximity afforded by a wide angle lens, surely  8-)