New Spocky Stuff

Started by stelyn, May 24, 2012, 09:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stelyn

ich_bin_besser

Btw, the second song is "Submerged" from Ted Leonard's CD "Way Home". Like that song a lot.
I'm looking forward to it!  8-)
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Rook

Sounds pretty good to me. Still got that classic "Spocks" sound. Surprise they didn't have Mike Portnoy playing drums on it, he is everywhere else these days. Joking, joking...

Anyone see that X Live DVD yet? I had tuned out of SB for the last few albums, but I really REALLY liked X. Kinda interested in the live show, if it is up to standard (and why wouldn't it be?)

/R

Mooncat

Haven't watched the DVD yet but have listened to the accompanying CDs several times - up to the usual standard ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

D S

Yes, the DVD is good.  Not the most stunning of shows visually (don't expect Floyd or Gabriel) although the drum solo is unusual and amusing. However, the musicianship is exceptional as ever. The set list is focussed around X so if you like that album, it's a must - if not, don't bother!  ;)   Only a couple of Neal Morse era songs crop up at the end.

Particularly liked the fact that they kept in Al's acoustic lead cock-up - nice honest touch!

Sad to think this is NDV's swansong with the band - he really had grown into a brilliant frontman / multi-instrumentalist.  However, if anyone can take on the role, it is Ted Leonard and the trailer sounds promising - still very Spock's.  8-)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

fitzy

New album sampler sounds promising,and vocals sounding great... ;) Love SB,looking forward to the new chapter with Ted!
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

johninblack

Quote from: "Sonya on Facebook"Coming soon at www.MusicLifeRadio.com: Joshua Almond interviews Spock's Beard's bassist, DAVE MEROS in a podcast you won't want to miss. Due for release on or around May 31st, Dave takes listeners on yet another progressive journey as he reflects on the old days of SB right on up to the new line-up, the new upcoming CD and, music in general. Stay tuned for a follow-up announcement when it is published. Thanks, ~Sonya
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"