Main Menu

Therapy

Started by JakeWorrell, March 04, 2011, 12:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartUK

OK, first up, remember his choice of the word "suspend" which does imply a hiatus rather than the permanent ending of the possibility of future Frost*.

Who knows what other albums and side-projects might emerge from both Jem and from the other musicians brought together as a result of Frost*?  They're all busy doing other things, but I think the dust needs to settle and they all need to throw themselves into other projects and later on sometime, who knows, their paths might cross and Jem might feel like sharing ideas and time and energy again and it might all lead to something.

In the meantime, play the music, watch the videos, suppress the guilt in finding new bands to follow, keep in touch with what Dec, John M, Craig & Jem are up to, keep in touch with other Frost*ies, listen to Gonzo's fab EIMA radio show and join in the chat; as long as Frost* is kept alive and vibrant by the fans then it's never really properly gone.
Frost*, monkey, trumpet, ARSE!!

keithd

Been a rubbish week really. First the Frost* news and then my son didn't pass his driving test  :(
My Hovercraft is full of eels

L33VEY

I have to say that listening to Gonzo playing all of Milliontown album last night helped enormously.
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Mikey

& remember 2010 was a non-Frost* year anyway, think of all the bonus's, bonuii, bonusss'

Quote from: "L33VEY"Currently playing in The Frost*mobile: ELO - Out of the Blue

Good therapy
I used to have a signature

RacingHippo

I think a lot of us have been quietly thiking-but-not-daring-to-think-too-loudly pretty much what James said.

Awesome Music is in Jem's blood. And unless the Day Job(tm) satisfies the need (doubtful) then it'll find a way out in time, be that in some future incarnation or variant of Frost* or something else equally both brilliant and completely penguin.

I'm not holding my breath. It'll happen when and if it happens.

Meanwhile I'll use the opportunity to fill my days with other bands (they'll be glad of getting a note in edgeways) and make an occasional revisit to Frost*ie goodness... which will doubtless turn into a regular Frost*-binge!
* May contain nuts.

Againesis

I've just taken the opportunity presented by "The Hiatus"(tm) and the inspiration from the recent CRS awards to order myself Big Red Spark, Panic Room's Satellite and the latest Mostly Autumn - all bands I've never heard before so...expecting treats!

It's a bit naughty really as the credit card hasn't quite recovered from last months 10 Spocks cd's (plsu all the extra discs) & 5 Neil Morse Special Edition binge.  ouch! :oops:
There are only 10 types of people]

Mouse

Lots' of people seem to really like the latest Mostly Autumn record. I think you'll be very happy with the other two, definitely.  :)

I've been trying very hard this year not to give in to urges and go on a big CD binge. I don't count 'one album every now and then' as a binge, so I think I'm OK to get the new Elbow album this week.  ;)

DwDunphy

You know, these things happen. Very little lasts indefinitely, and some of the things that do lose all the joy and inspiration they once had. Every one of us can name a band, TV show or movie series that overstayed its welcome long ago, yet drags on like a crawling marathon runner.

Sure, it's disappointing that this chapter is over. At least we never had to see Jem doing a peacock strut at age 60.