Frost* Forum Collab Song - the tech thread (TTT!)

Started by RWA, August 10, 2010, 08:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "E.S."Thank you gents! :D

Well, I won't be in charge of the song(s), just taking care of organizing and production. Everyone should own an equal share, of course.
True, but as the man with the scissors it naturally falls to you to make some decisions about the way forward....like how Ron rejected my 8 minute spoons solo... ;)
The world just wasn't ready for that.....  ;)
So Pedro got the snip
I used to have a signature

E.S.

But on my watch, spoons might just happen. Or any kind of kitchen device.  :D

Pedro

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "E.S."Thank you gents! :D

Well, I won't be in charge of the song(s), just taking care of organizing and production. Everyone should own an equal share, of course.
True, but as the man with the scissors it naturally falls to you to make some decisions about the way forward....like how Ron rejected my 8 minute spoons solo... ;)
The world just wasn't ready for that.....  ;)
True, true....  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

Right. Now that we have recovered from our New Year hangovers.. :mrgreen:

In my opinion, this thing is as good as finished. Obviously the song itself has come to an end, there's only missing parts, like the JiB bass parts, and Hippo had some vox going on, is that right? Would be splendid to get them into the song.

I'd also do an alternative mix of it, just to have a little fun. Of course I'm a bit busy too with 3 releases in the works, but I'll do a little here and there whenever I can, and when an update is needed. :)

RacingHippo

Quote from: "E.S."...and Hippo had some vox going on, is that right? Would be splendid to get them into the song.
It all needs re-recording with decent gear (and being able to hear myself properly!)
At the mo I'm snowed under with the W-thing, but hoping to start getting more time for things I actually WANT to do in a couple of weeks...
* May contain nuts.

Pedro

I really wanted to find a way to describe the guitar rinse I had in mind for one section but other than "you know, like JM would do" I can't think how to do it. I certainly can't play it!
I could try to build it note by note in midi but I'm not even sure where to start...
This might just remain a dream.  :?

Anyway, I think there might be scope to do a "radio edit" of it which, you never know, might one day get an airing on Gonzo's show or The European Perspective?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

A prog radio edit? We have to make it even longer then. :D

rogerg

Quote from: "E.S."A prog radio edit? We have to make it even longer then. :D

heh

Mikey

I used to have a signature