New forum : Comments and questions

Started by Pedro, March 29, 2010, 03:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batchain

Quote from: "Pedro":D

Actually, I've reduced the brighness level on my monitor and the forum looks pretty cool.  Just need to get the hang of stuff being on the right instead of the left.  Also, there's no mention of the minnesota pigeon forum anywhere, which is a big plus.

B xx  8-)
Doin\' the work of a hundred men......

MarkOneMusic

I appear to be plagued with an odd problem.  If I log in and tick "Log me in automatically on each visit" the board immediately logs me out.  I then have to delete cookies and log in without ticking said box, and then it works, for a bit at least :(

Using Safari on Snow Leopard... If that helps

Cheers

M1M

Brom

Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"I appear to be plagued with an odd problem.  If I log in and tick "Log me in automatically on each visit" the board immediately logs me out.  I then have to delete cookies and log in without ticking said box, and then it works, for a bit at least :(

Using Safari on Snow Leopard... If that helps

Cheers

M1M

Mark, Check you are using this link - http://www.frost-music.co.uk
I had a similar problem to you coming onto the site using a "Frost.com" variety of URL but Nells put me right with the above link, now all is Fine and Beano. (oops sorry, I'm having a red hair day)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mouse

Quote from: "Brom"
Quote from: "MarkOneMusic"(oops sorry, I'm having a red hair day)

I have that every day.  :?  :P

Grunk_

Is there any possibility of getting a "multi-quote" quote button? That would help alot so that one doesnt have to write "[quote...]" manually in order to quote more than one post at a time?

Or maybe I'm just blind...

catherine

Is it just me, or is this new forum *really* slow? Scrolling through the pages is like wading through treacle. Even typing replies there seems to be quite a lag and a very flickery cursor. I have this both at home and at work, in IE8 and Chrome, so it's not PC or browser-specific.

Mouse

Works fine for me, Catherine. I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Windows Vista (the abomination).

rogerg

seems fine to me.  Mac OS 10.6 with Safari 4

gav

Even my PC seems to quite like the forum! :o
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!

Pedro

Quote from: "catherine"Is it just me, or is this new forum *really* slow? Scrolling through the pages is like wading through treacle. Even typing replies there seems to be quite a lag and a very flickery cursor. I have this both at home and at work, in IE8 and Chrome, so it's not PC or browser-specific.
I found the old forum went like that on this XP/IE PC but this forum so far has not done it. :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Pedro

Just updated the first post in this thread with a couple of recent queries.

Some folks are apparently still having trouble logging in at all.

gr8gonzo

They do know writing their login and password on the monitor won't work... right?
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

tomskerous

Still not fully working for me in Firefox on the mac.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

L33VEY

Quote from: "Pedro"Some folks are apparently still having trouble logging in at all.

And it's been really frustrating to be unable to post...................... :x
All sorted now - thanks guys
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age