Tiger Moth Tales! A teaser.

Started by tigermoth, March 10, 2014, 09:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

You've ripped it? You should be more carefull you silly sausage! Haha. Well its only right you should have a copy seeing as I want you to learn the stuff. Oh, you wanted my address for tonight? Its, number twelting, ponkydoos avenue, bristolcitties, Paris, just opposite the restoraunt at the hen of the unipoled. See you later.

sawtooth

Quote from: tigermoth on April 23, 2014, 10:26:03 AM
You've ripped it? You should be more carefull you silly sausage! Haha. Well its only right you should have a copy seeing as I want you to learn the stuff. Oh, you wanted my address for tonight? Its, number twelting, ponkydoos avenue, bristolcitties, Paris, just opposite the restoraunt at the hen of the unipoled. See you later.

Now how many times have you been told not to give your address out in a public forum????   ;)

tigermoth

tigermoth

Allo ladies and gents. Well I said I would keep you updated. My apologies for the delay, but I didn't want to say too much before I was sure it was prudent. I think it's now safe for me to give you the news that i've been speaking with the rather talented Rob Reed. White Night Records want to release my album "Cocoon".
As you can imagine i'm terribly excited about this, not to mention being verry humbled. When I checked out the Whitenight site I couldn't believe some of the names I saw on there. The caliber of artists they have signed or worked with is just something else, not to mention the awesomeness of Magenta and Rob himself. I'm really not saying this just because i'm indebted to the chap, but Kompendium's "Beneath the waves" is my most listened to album of this year, and i'd strongly recommend that you get hold of it if you haven't already. Apart from all that, he seems to be a ruddy nice bloke. :) 
Well in a nut shell, the fact that Rob and Will are up for releasing my album as it stands without any modifications or remixing is a huge compliment and I do feel verry humble. Don't have a definite release date yet, but we're looking at mid July. They want to coincide with another release. Steve Thorne has been mentioned, but i'm not sure what stage he's at. That would be rather cool though.
Incidentally, Rob Reed is putting out a new solo album soon and I dare say that will be a good'n too.
But hey, i'm going off my own topic. :) So yes, we're aiming for July. To say that I finished the album at the end of last year it's been a bit of a wait, but that's partly down to me not knowing what I wanted to do and dithering with the decision. I'm now glad that I did because I think this is the right way to go, and i'm verry greatful and indebted to Pedro who passed the album to Rob and made a great case for me. If you're reading, thank you sir! :)
I'm jumping the gun here as you never know how these things are gonna work out, and even in the Prog market theres a lot of saturation. However, i'm verry excited about this and verry greatful for this chance.

In other news, the website is coming on well, and hopefully will be up soon. Again there have been delays, but I reckon it's worth taking the time to get things right. So folks, if you're stil up for getting the album, all being well it will be happening. Yay! :) Will keep you updated with events as they happen.
Thanks for reading.

MikeEvs

D S

Wow - a White Knight release no less! That nice Mr Reed obviously knows a good thing when he hears it. Looking forward to being able to get a physical copy shortly.
Well done!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

tigermoth

Thanks chaps. This is turning out to be a good year. :)

Pedro

I love it when this happens.
It's happened precisely once now, but I still love it. Happy to have been able to join the dots. :)

SO pleased for you and not at all surprised given the quality of the material.
I shall be looking out for the opportunity to buy with baited credit card!

Oh, and you're not wrong about Rob's solo album either. ;)

Steve Thorne is another clever bugger too...this has been and will continue to be quite a busy year for poor old wallet!
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Rook

Go, Tigermoth! Look at him  fly...

Mikey

I used to have a signature

rogerg

sawtooth

This has honestly and truthfully made my day. So pleased for you Pete - onwards and upwards! :D

owen

Brilliant! Way cooler than Bandcamp! Now you need 1 extra track so they can flog it in the Japanese market and your done ;) Have you sorted out art work and all that sort of stuff?

tigermoth

"Go, Tigermoth! Look at him  fly..." Haha, well i'm like Stevie, i'm too high but I ain't left the ground yet. :) One extra track for the Japanese? Is that how it works? I wish i'd know a few months back. :) Art work is all sorted, I think Sawtooth can testify that its not bad Barry. The guy who's doing my site did it for me. Funny cos I didn't ask him to. I send him the album for the website stuff, and the next day he sent me some Jpegs! He's really excited about the project. Add to that the fact that before I wrote this album I had writer#s block for nearly 3 years: now i've got a 5 album plan. All in all I think it was a good move. :) Thanks for the support here, it really is wonderful!

tigermoth

Allo ladies and gents all. Quick update. The website is immanent as I seem to have been saying for some years now. My mate Sawtooth and the boys in the band are getting there heads around the tunes. Great stuff. Can't wait to do a rehearsal. Been speaking to Mr. Reed about artwork etc. Alls good and coming on steadily.
Today, I went on my local station "Mansfield 103.2" don't you know. They approached me and asked me if I wanted to go on their New Music Monday programme where they showcase local artists. I said "Yes please". I don't think they go a bundle on the Prog stuff, but they seemed pleased with how it went and if nothing else it's a rehearsal for when I have to start banging on about it to everyone and anyone who'll listen. They also played a track (A Visit To Chigwick) from the album. I did them a radio edit and got it down from nearly 9 mins to 5. Haha
Well chaps, if you've got a few minutes spare, here's the interview in it's glory. :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14720207/Radio%20Mansfield%20Interview%20%28Tiger%20Moth%20Tales%2C%20Cocoon%29.mp3
Thanks for listening and i'll hopefully have more to report soon.

P.S. Off my own topic, but just thought I'd say I'm quite excited and looking forward to Mr. Kersner's album. Star studded ain't the words! :)