2 j's and an A NEW DATE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Started by Twang, August 20, 2009, 04:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Rob Reed told me this weekend that The Globe in Cardiff had been shut down for the same reason they closed The Point. We wanted to do a double header with Magenta there as part of the J and A thing.  

What is it with live venues in Wales?? :cry:

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Jem"Rob Reed told me this weekend that The Globe in Cardiff had been shut down for the same reason they closed The Point. We wanted to do a double header with Magenta there as part of the J and A thing.  

What is it with live venues in Wales?? :cry:

When did Rob tell you that last I heard from the globe is that yes their having the same problems as the point with regards to complaints about noise but their still open as usual.

Posted by The Globe on facebook September 22nd:

QuoteDespite what you may have heard or read, we are still open for business and we are still hosting live music.

Yes, there have been noise complaints, Yes, Cardiff City Council are threatening to revoke our live music license, but this is not an immediate action and it certainly is not the final decision.

For months we have been soundproofing the venue in order to live peacefully with our neighbours and we still trying to do this, all that has changed is that we now have a date to complete it by.

So, for the forseeable future, we are open and trading as normal, if anyone tells you differently, correct them.

Do you have their contact info? JM phoned me last week to ask for it and I pointed him in the right direction when I spoke to him a few days later at the It Bites gig he said he'd passed it on to someone else who was organising it on your behalf.  Twang said Saturday he'd given you the info too :?

MikeEvs

I spoke with the guys from The Reasoning as their booked to play at The Globe at the end of November they've been told by the globe that their is an appeal process under way and the venue is safe until Xmas at least

Jem

Hurrah!

That's great news. In that case, we'll see you down there soon.  :D

keithd

Quote from: "Jem"Hurrah!

That's great news. In that case, we'll see you down there soon.  :D

and at the Peel in Nov  :)
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Jem

I'll announce confirmations asap, but currently it's looking like The Rainbow in Birmingham on Nov 5th, the Peel on Nov 7th and The Globe in Cardiff on Nov 8th, I'm seeing if we can do the 8th as a double header with Magenta, Rob's not got back to me yet.

I'll know much more tomorrow so hold off on kindly booking anything just yet.

MikeEvs

That's good to know but does mean me and Keith will be racing you back to Cardiff from the peel :lol:

metalmatt

That's very good news. Will be at the Cardiff date  :D
And possibly the Birmingham date...
"It\'s Phil Collins!... What\'s that Phil you need help with some lyrics, you think she has an Invisible Touch? Well you better ask her and find out."

Big Black Shed

It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Mooncat

One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Gman

Just added the potential Brum date to my calendar - should be able to bring a few extra bodies along too.

Pedro

The Rainbow in Birmingham? Never been there....

*googles.....

"This is a bar/club for Birmingham's young, beautiful and fashionable people." 8-)

"Go here if you don't mind spending your money in a place whose apperance suggests a previous life as an abandoned crack house..."  :shock:

"The Rainbow is located in the south of Birmingham on the main drag in Digbeth, same side as the Custard Factory, 100 metres further out of town."  :lol:

....am I looking a the right place??  :?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Gman

Google's great isn't it...everything you didn't want to know before visiting somewhere!

Jem

Well I hoped to have some more news for yous today, but nobody rang me and nobody emailed me about anything wot I'd arksed so that's a bit disappointing. Sorry chaps. Looks like I'll have to do some chasing. As usual.  :?

Tsk, this prog lark eh? At least shit actually happens on Planet Pop.  :lol: