EBAY AUCTION NOW OPEN!

Started by Jem, July 20, 2009, 03:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enthewhite

Does anybody know if the master pro tools sessions will be available for more than one person to buy?

Pedro

I have no idea.
But it's a tough call if you think about it.
Obviously it's only software so making copies is cheap and easy....and it only takes one Herbert to put it up for torrent download. :roll:
However, if Jem were to consider selling it again, how much should it be? The originals on EBay are attracting a good price because this is the only way to get them. Offering them again later and possibly cheaper would, in a way, be unfair to whoever wins the auctions.
I made the mistake of buying a spare Frost*fest CD (to maybe help out a fellow Frostie who couldn't get there) at the DT gig I went to. I paid the DT-merchant-team's-inflated-price of £8 because I figured they'd sell out. Now anyone can get it for £5. I lose. Shat hippens. :(  
I'm not sure if the winner of the auction is legally allowed to sell copies? I guess it's still copyrighted material. :?  
I haven't been bidding because a) without ProTools they are no use to me and b) the Prog budget for the year is already overspent!
So I say good luck to the bidders, I hope they put their winnings to good use. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Nellie

Quote from: "enthewhite"Does anybody know if the master pro tools sessions will be available for more than one person to buy?

If I remember the conversation correctly, Jem said that these would be the only copies available and that anyone found selling further copies would get a visit from the heavies.
So, my friends, they are very valuable items.

@Pedders - I got RH to get me one of those CDs at the Leeds gig. I now have a big pile of them in my dining room :roll:
It's in the post!

Drarok

But Nellie, do you know what's on the disks?

I'd assume it's the ProTools projects, and for them to be usable in a sensible fashion, you'd need ProTools and a fairly hefty collection of plugins?

enthewhite

I think mooncat said perfectly what I am thinking:
QuoteLooking at it reasonably tho' - would there be 'mass appeal' (ho ho) for the ProTools sessions, other than from members of this 'ere forum?? I'm taking it that there probably wouldn't and therefore the people that want them would be happy to pay as it will help keep Jem doing what we all love - making music.

Nellie

Only hours left now to place your bids.
This is for a good cause to help fund the Philadelphia Experiment so don't be shy!

//http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/thunderfrog1_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ25
It's in the post!

kyuwert

ZE BACKDROP IS MINE!

PS Nellie, I'm in the US, is shipping all sorted out for that? The e-mail I received said shipping will be "Royal Mail 1st Class Standard GBP 3.50"

rogerg

grats, vka!!  I missed on everything because the auction end-time was about 6am...

oh well.

LivingForever

Quote from: "vkamicht"ZE BACKDROP IS MINE!

PS Nellie, I'm in the US, is shipping all sorted out for that? The e-mail I received said shipping will be "Royal Mail 1st Class Standard GBP 3.50"

Git... you're bloody lucky I got called away from my desk 5 mins before the end of that auction and forgot to up my top bid!  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

gareth

Gah!
Ninja-outbidded at the last second for the Fantom G USBs.  :cry:
Congrats to whomever won it, and to those who got ahold of those master sessions!

I'm bummed I didn't finish up winning *anything*, but I can already hear my bank account breathing a sigh of relief.  :)

DannySoisSage

I won the speak and spell  :mrgreen:

My bank account is groaning :| lol

FantomG

Darn!! I was well and truely outbid for the FantomG gear in the last few seconds  :(      ...Congrats to the winner...

I'm sure Jem would have raised a bit more by having a number of copies of the sticks / or burnt on CDs / Available for download ...Are you sure there are no more kicking around?  please?  :D

Cheers, FantomG

johninblack

Well, I won me an EIMA promo cd, not exactly spending loads but I guess every little helps the cause.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Bopman

I'm afraid it was my son who robbed you of the Fantom USB's. He was  absolutely bouncing knowing he'd won. We can't wait for  it to arrive now.
I can however assure you that it has gone to a very good home and it will be treated like royalty.

As for me - well dear old Dad, on his steam driven PC, didn't get to the auction in time. Nothing new there as I missed out on the t-shirts as well. I was hoping there would be some of the RosFest t-shirts going but it appears my hopes have now been dashed. I knew I should have got a shirt at the Cardiff and Southampton gigs!

Drarok

I missed all of it?!?!?!

WTF?! Isn't eBay supposed to email you when your watched items are nearing the end of their auctions?!

Such uncontrollable rage right now.  :x