Ooh! Shiny new forum!

Started by RacingHippo, April 10, 2013, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeEvs

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on April 11, 2013, 07:18:37 PM

But I also see in other areas (e.g. the thread about MikeEvs pictures of the Von Hertzen Brothers) that his pictures were not there earlier today (just question marks), but now they're back again.

Is this a caching issue or a profile set-up one or ... ?

I know, the knobs need to be tweaked still  ::)

I noticed the pics weren't there so I went to edit/modify the post , I could see there was nothing wrong with the code so I previewed the post and the pics were there again so I saved the post and there they were

lyn

Does this new forum have a bar?  If so I reckon we all owe the forum superheros a pint or few for building us a new adventure playground overnight! Thanks for that!  It'll take a while to list, prioritise and fix the snags...still gives us something to talk about while we are waiting for 6 minutes in september.  It 'll take me that long to refind my avatar! Thanks guys for all the Frost*ies fun! Cheers!!!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

johninblack

Quote from: lyn on April 11, 2013, 10:06:50 PM
Does this new forum have a bar? 

Sorry Lyn, no bar but the biscuit tin has been updated to a perpetually full version :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

lyn

Teacakes and bananas all round then!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

gr8gonzo

Quote from: mr_john on April 11, 2013, 11:34:37 AM
This might be worth stickying somewhere.....

The default setting for the boards is that after you post, it kicks you back out to the main boards and/or sub-boards. Annoying.

To stop this follow these instructions. Once you do this, when you post a reply in a thread (or start a new thread) it will take you back to said post/thread. Sounds confusing. It's not. Honest.

Click 'Profile' at the top of the page (next to the word 'Search')
Then hover over 'Modify Profile' and click 'Look and Layout'
Then make sure there is a tick in the box marked 'Return to topics after posting by default'
Scroll down the page and click the 'Save Profile' button on the bottom right-hand side of the page.

Good spot, Mr. John. I, too, did not care for that.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Ash

confused me when I logged in today, it is very white.  I shall play with settings to see if I can make it less white.  Us fishtankers are used to a dark colour scheme.
Ash
xxx

Ash

I have gone for the 2011 setting and also (as you can see) used TAs pic of me at the house gig as my avatar. 
Ash
xxx

catherine

I've lost my avatar... (and am struggling to remember what it looked like so I can re-upload it)...

rogerg

Quote from: catherine on April 13, 2013, 08:42:39 PM
I've lost my avatar... (and am struggling to remember what it looked like so I can re-upload it)...

Freddie works.    ;D

Ash

I lost my avatar but it needed replacing anyway
Ash
xxx

catherine

Quote from: rogerg on April 13, 2013, 08:52:15 PM

Freddie works.    ;D

I know, but I'd like to set it back to what it used to be...

Drarok

Quote from: RacingHippo on April 10, 2013, 10:03:22 PM
Rog - Tapatalk is deffo on the to-do list!
Can you disable the thing where it sticks a popup in the page every time you visit from a mobile device? I refer to things like that as a "door-slam" since they're so in-your-face.

Other than that, I'm aware moves like this often have teething trouble, so I'll try to keep my gripes to myself for a bit. ;D
(Having done an upgrade from PHPBB2 to PHPBB3 (which is supported) and finding completely mangled all non-US characters like £ and €, I know you'll be battling demons)

Pedro

Quote from: catherine on April 14, 2013, 02:36:34 PM
Quote from: rogerg on April 13, 2013, 08:52:15 PM

Freddie works.    ;D

I know, but I'd like to set it back to what it used to be...
What was it?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

Quote from: Drarok on April 14, 2013, 04:26:07 PM
Quote from: RacingHippo on April 10, 2013, 10:03:22 PM
Rog - Tapatalk is deffo on the to-do list!
Can you disable the thing where it sticks a popup in the page every time you visit from a mobile device? I refer to things like that as a "door-slam" since they're so in-your-face.

I've never seen that on Tapatalk, so....

owen

When you press next you don't get the next page but the next topic (I think). Very confusing. Or am I just getting old  :D >:( ::)