Sneaky Hidden Bits in TDL!

Started by Drarok, June 23, 2010, 12:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Takacs

Quote from: "Brom"Brilliant thread, nice one Drarok.

One bit that gets me is the cowbell? or similar at

We fall into the future
A doorway open wide etc....

which to me sounds as if the studio metronome is still going... but it fits nicely.

also at

You're not so clever
You're caught in heavy weather...

I always hear a noticable drop in the levels of the instrumentation when the vocals kick in.

Yes, agreed with Pedro, have heard the voices with the extractor fan.. just need to listen more.  :D  :D

Wow, Crazy thing is that I thought that was the Protools click track that got recorded and was just left for, uh.. good measure? :P  Yet Another little goodie!  I have walked away from this piece for a few weeks. Gonna delve back into her this evening and hunt for some more dodo's!   ;)
::I Like Cheese::

Jim Takacs

Quote from: "weezul"aye im all good on how to do it, ive done it with Muse's The Resistance a couple of times to do these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvyfs9TB ... re=related
http://soundcloud.com/liamgaughan/silly ... n-practice

and i've also used Watershed by Opeth, Paradise Lost by Symphony X, its really fucking cool to hear some of the sounds in isolation!
Wow, I Just picked The Resistance up yesterday. Yes I Purchased the actual tangible Compact Disk!  :o  Listened start to finish!  Wonderful collection of Classical "rock" Compositions and Loved em' all, BUT, Its Not Absolution and there just isnt that Hair on the Back of the neck raising, Body becoming a Giant goosebump quality to this album like Jem's compositions! Its Good, Its Just Not Frost* Great! ;)
::I Like Cheese::

weezul

Quote from: "Jim Takacs"Wow, I Just picked The Resistance up yesterday. Yes I Purchased the actual tangible Compact Disk!  :o  Listened start to finish!  Wonderful collection of Classical "rock" Compositions and Loved em' all, BUT, Its Not Absolution and there just isnt that Hair on the Back of the neck raising, Body becoming a Giant goosebump quality to this album like Jem's compositions! Its Good, Its Just Not Frost* Great! ;)

Yeah, its not as good as Absolution, that's fer true!! Now a surround sound mix of Absolution, I could die a happy man!! I have the instrumentals and even then you can hear so much more

daveyb

Just spotted this thread,anyone get that backwards bit played forwards if you know what i mean posted up so I can listen to it ,ta

Drarok

Hmm, I wonder why I didn't post any of that originally. I'll take a gander this weekend. :)

catherine

In Jem's post, I misread "comb solo" as "crumb solo".

Crikey, I thought. This chap can even get music out of a biscuit!

Mooncat

Well, it's not much of a progression (!) from breakfast cereals to biscuits, and he's already done the cereals (see TPE DVD for more info.....)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Drarok

Added the backwards/forwards section to the 1st post. :)

Jamyu

Hahaha  :lol:  I love the comb solo xD So cute!

EDIT:

Quote from: "Drarok"After "Before Your Eyes", there's a lovely ghostly sound backing the piano(?) and some bendy notes I hadn't spotted

Anyone familiar with elbow's the bones of you? Of the seldom seen kid album? Do you think this section uses pretty much the same progression as the chorus (eg. approx. 0:50) ? :)

Interesting that I like both these bands :P