Magenta seek new bass player

Started by Pedro, March 04, 2010, 10:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

JiB - shall we audition, using our "alternating notes" technique?

Trapezium Artist

Oh bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger.

Not only are Magenta looking for a new bass player, they've also cancelled the two shows in the Netherlands on May 1st and 2nd, the former in Zoetermeer just around the corner from me. Never seen them live, but was really looking forward to this ...  :cry:

The very slight silver lining is that I hadn't bought tickets yet. That said, I hope they didn't cancel in part because of poor ticket sales  :(

Anyway, chin up: I wish them the best of luck finding a new bassist and getting back out there.

catherine

Cheer up, TA - aren't IQ coming to see you soon?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"Cheer up, TA - aren't IQ coming to see you soon?

Hmmm, you're right, Catherine: just checked. June 19th. I'd better book, pronto.

That said, it's labelled at "The Wake 25th Anniversary" tour and it seems as though they'll be playing the whole of that album. Only trouble is, I'm very much an IQ latecomer, so haven't heard The Wake. I'd hope there'd be plenty of Frequency on show as well ...

Since you're over there (on the IQHQ) as well as here (I can't manage nearly as many fora as the truly dedicated, I'm afraid), can you see what they might be intending, set-list wise?

Gman

Sadly, I'm not actually keen on Magenta <ducks various missiles> otherwise I'd be interested in auditioning.

If, however, a most unforeseen and terrible accident befell the lovely Mr King Jr (perhaps say, run over by metallic blue Mazda 3 whilst shopping at the local Coop in Coventry)...I'd be all over the Frost gig like a biscuit weevil at a McVities spillage.

D S

Damn!  I do like Magenta but S Wales is a bit of a hike for me to attend a weekly band practice...  8-)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Since you're over there (on the IQHQ) as well as here ...

You been peeking through my window again, TA?

I'm not sure what the set list will be - they like to keep them close to their chests. I'd expect a fair bit of The Wake though.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Since you're over there (on the IQHQ) as well as here ...

You been peeking through my window again, TA?

I'm not sure what the set list will be - they like to keep them close to their chests. I'd expect a fair bit of The Wake though.

As a tree, how can I avoid looking through your window, Catherine, if you keep leaving the curtains open like that, brazenly cavorting in front of the world?  :shock:

Thanks for the help on the set-list, though. "I'd expect a fair bit of The Wake though, [on The Wake 25th Anniversary Tour]".

No shit, Sherlock, as my first wife was known to say  ;)

(I know, I know, we need proper sarcasm, irony, and, come to think of it, biscuit buttons on this forum)