Portamento, how I loathe thee!

Started by boswell, April 02, 2010, 08:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman

What's all this talk of legato...everyone knows ice cream and keyboards don't mix!

EvilDragon

Quote from: "Jem"I used to experience something similar on my Fantom X's. I think it's something to do with multisamples having finite ranges within the software if they're not retriggered within a few octaves. It never happens on genuine analogue synths or machines that generate pitches in realtime using virtual analogue synthesis in my experience. It only seems to happen with Romplers.

I'd fly up the keyboard on my Fantom X only to have some of the samples "ceiling out" at A3 or something.

The only way round I found was to make sure I briefly got out of legato on the way up. :?

I think Kurzweil got around that issue on PC3, even with samples, I believe I have read that somewhere on Sonikmatter. I could be wrong, though.

Mooncat

QuoteWhat's all this talk of legato...

I love Lego! Is this a new sister comapny?????
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

rogerg

Quote from: "Mooncat"
QuoteWhat's all this talk of legato...

I love Lego! Is this a new sister comapny?????

yeah, but it's all cats.  smooth cats....

Mooncat

Quoteyeah, but it's all cats. smooth cats....

talking of which, the age old question - if a cat always lands on it's feet and bread always lands butter side down, which way up would a cat land if you stuck a piece of buttered bread to it's back (butter side up of course) :?:  :?:  :?:
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

boswell

Quote from: "Mooncat"
Quoteyeah, but it's all cats. smooth cats....

talking of which, the age old question - if a cat always lands on it's feet and bread always lands butter side down, which way up would a cat land if you stuck a piece of buttered bread to it's back (butter side up of course) :?:  :?:  :?:

Stick a dynamo up its bum and toss it off a ledge and you've got yourelf limitless energy.

Crisis averted! Nobel prize for Mooncat!

RacingHippo

Quote from: "boswell"Crisis averted! Nobel prize for Mooncat!

Double, I'd say: Mooncat - you appear to have discovered the secret of anti-gravity.

Thinking about it, that must be why flying saucers always make that sort of purring sound as they fly overhead in 50s B-movies - it's the hundreds of cats they have suspended inside.
* May contain nuts.

EvilDragon

Quote from: "Mooncat"talking of which, the age old question - if a cat always lands on it's feet and bread always lands butter side down, which way up would a cat land if you stuck a piece of buttered bread to it's back (butter side up of course) :?:  :?:  :?:

boswell

Congratulations, you win the internet!  :D