Drummers! Be where are you?

Started by El_Mayonnaise, April 05, 2010, 02:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El_Mayonnaise

Quote from: "Nutter"I only use one bass drum on my main set because there is only "ONE GOD" and only One way to get to Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ.

Yeah, me too.

MTBDude

Just updated my kit.
New hi-hat and crash.  Used my old hi-hat for a closed aux hat.  I feel a bit like TBE!

Drarok

Quote from: "RacingHippo"I read that article.
It made me rant.
Me too. The spelling and punctuation in that are terrible!

Mikey

Quote from: "MTBDude"Just updated my kit.
New hi-hat and crash.  Used my old hi-hat for a closed aux hat.  I feel a bit like TBE!

You must play loud, judging by the pair of blue doodahs on view....or you're a wimp, & drummers are mad not wimps  :lol:
I used to have a signature

El_Mayonnaise

Hard concrete walls + drums + ear drums = bad

I know this, I recently moved my drums from a 'soft' room  to a concrete wall room and the volume is actually deafening.

I now also sport a fine pair of bright yellow doodahs....

...sounds unhealthy.  :P

Gman

QuoteNutter wrote:
I only use one bass drum on my main set because there is only "ONE GOD" and only One way to get to Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ.

Yeah, me too.

Do you think we should all chip in for a Joey Jordison snare for him? Just to offset all that evangelical stuff otherwise the universe might fall out of balance.

MTBDude

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"Hard concrete walls + drums + ear drums = bad

That's basically it.  I only use them in that practice room (my garage)
when I'm performing outdoors or even in side arena settings, I am good to go without those doodahs. 8-)

Fogeyspasm

This is Camerons new drum setup, it was a very expensive 13th birthday/christmas/14th birthday/christmas/15th birthday present! :shock:
Brought on by "noise" issues with his acoustic kit.
Since the photos been taken he has a lot nicer Mapex bass pedal.

Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

rogerg

schweeet!  and nice throne, too!!  

I got my first drum set around that age; a lovely blue kit from JCPenney's!  had to borrow some cymbals from a friend, but I loved to bash around on that kit.  my parent's were so forgiving (and deaf!)!!

Mouse

Bloody 'ell, when I were 'is age, I got a stick from t' park and was bloody grateful for it!  ;)

rogerg

Quote from: "Mouse"Bloody 'ell, when I were 'is age, I got a stick from t' park and was bloody grateful for it!  ;)

heh

Fogeyspasm

He will have to repay it by working 27 hours a day down't mine followed by a couple of hours sweeping chimneys and cleaning gutters out! :lol:
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

Mooncat

NIce one - is that the latest TD9 ??

Apparently with the USB thingy you can upgrade the system and kits to the latest version if it isn't (info courtesy of Blunders)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Fogeyspasm

TD9KX2 which i believe is the latest. Bought an extra pad and cymbal for it too.
Cam jams along to stuff off the usb stick.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

Mooncat

Ah, good stuff. That being the case check out the FriendJam thingybob as well - it's a load of playalong tracks and groove/timing games and exercises, a lot of which were developed by Blunders - there is a thread somewhere on here about it ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy