Rediscovered the Korg Legacy collection

Started by E.S., February 24, 2011, 02:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.S.

And.... whoa! I stumbled upon the bell sound from Milliontown, the Only Survivors part. I happened to be playing in that same register as well as the same key (I think). I wish I could see myself from the outside, because that was a moment of pure "NO WAY!!!" and the joy of a 10 year old getting a X-station or Play-Box or PSP wiiiiiiiiii or whatever kids enjoy nowadays. :?

I tried the Korg collection way back, before I knew Frost*, thus I don't remember these patches. I just know about one lead sound from BLM. Now I must find that video and have some fun. :D

I love checking out old synths, because there's always a patch I've heard somewhere, and it's great to run into it like that. Just the amount of early 90's dance music I can play with that M1 piano.
I have a real M1 too, if it's still in that studio, haven't seen it for 5 years.

Oh... sorry, this would probably have been better for a blog or something.. but at least it's vaguely Frost* related.  :oops:

Pedro

No don't be sorry, such stuff is very welcome here.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

EvilDragon

I love KLC. I have both analog and digital. The thing I love is how they spanked up M1: 256 polyphony, 2 insert FX per combi part, and resonant filters are extremely welcome! Not to mention they've included ALL the expansion cards (rare and hard to find nowadays) - and you can combine patches from ANY of those cards, while on the original you could only have one card loaded at any time.

Yep, I have layered two Wavestations and MS-20 in a Reaper project to have that BLM lead sound at any time :D

rogerg

they do amazing things with chicken!!

oh, I thought you said KFC....    8-)

owen

Pedro

Finger-licking good, good lick fingering...I see what you did there Roger! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

Telepathy. How did ya know I'm having some chicken for dinner in about... 2 hours?  :shock:

And yes, the M1 is now officially a monster synth. Well, not really a synth, but a monster. My memory of it is crap, but then I only had the factory sounds and whatever sounds I made myself, with my extremely limited knowledge at the time. Good memories, made my first widdly lead sound on that, when it was all I had. I was 14.
On the original, the combi bank is pretty useless due to the low polyphony, but here it's ace. I think this will be a great addition to the D-50 when creating those big big sounds. Layering, here I come.

There will definitely be M1 on the album I'm recording now, and there already is a wee bit of D-50 and Wavestation.  :D

Mouse

I think I've got a version of the Korg Legacy thing on my laptop. I must remember to fire up Cubase when I have some time and have a look, especially for the Milliontown bells...

EVP

I believe the patch is called "Ballerina Bells" I found it once myself one day and I recall
Jem himself saying that was the patch name.

E.S.

That's correct, and it's in the first sound bank.

Speaking of Wavestation, I vaguely remember Rudess mentioning that he made a couple of the sounds for it, when he was working for Korg and had hair. I don't know which ones, but they are probably in there too.

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "E.S."That's correct, and it's in the first sound bank.

Speaking of Wavestation, I vaguely remember Rudess mentioning that he made a couple of the sounds for it, when he was working for Korg and had hair. I don't know which ones, but they are probably in there too.

HAve to try and find that out! :)

My Wavestation ES is still a permanent fixture in my rack, and in the default logic template. Fantastic module.